Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Doctor Visit and Kitchen Reveal!

This morning, I had a doctors appointment.  I'm not going to lie...the last few haven't gone that great, so I was dreading today!  Surprisingly, everything went extremely well!  I got to see my doctor and was able to get all my questions answered!  Even though my doctor will be leaving October 6th, I have decided to stay with her until she leaves, then just have the other doctor in the practice deliver Hudson.  I am very happy with this decision!  I am healthy and doing well!  I still don't know my weight....but my blood pressure is wonderful!  125/65.  Hudson is measuring right on track and was very active when the doctor was trying to get his heart rate!  He was moving and making tummy waves! haha  His heart rate was in the 160's and my doctor seemed to be very pleased with both of our progress!  She also recommended that I go ahead and get a flu shot, so I did.  Steve will be getting one here in the next few weeks too just to take some precautions against getting sick when our baby is so little (Hudson is due in flu season).  My next appointment is in two weeks!  It's crazy that we are already to the point that we visit biweekly! 

Today, our kitchen is finally finished!!!!  The whole project took a little over two weeks and was totally worth it!  We got new floors, new cabinets, new counter tops, and a new sink and fixtures! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!  We now have so much work space and plenty of storage!  I'm a little disappointed with myself... I don't have any good before pictures!!!!  WHAT WAS I THINKING!  This is all I could find!


You can see that the back wall had no cabinets...and it was red but I had just painted it!


The fridge was next to the sink giving us NO work space!  Also we had a laminate counter top and linoleum flooring.


A work in progress...


TA DA!!!!  We now have storage and our fridge on that once empty wall.  Our wonderful contractor got rid of one of the lights and did the electrical work!


Look at all that room to work and cook!!!


You can see the floors and our sink and fixtures in this picture really well!


This is a close up of the counter tops!  So pretty!

THE END
 I'm going to go put my kitchen back together!!!   O the things that get me excited!  What a great day!

*If anyone is looking to get new cabinets, let me know!  Mark Trailor did ours.  He does a great job and is very detail oriented!  I couldn't be happier with the work he did, and would be happy to give out his information!  Also, if anyone is looking for a great contractor let me know.  JDW Home Work was wonderful to work with.  You can check him out on-line here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment