Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baby Shower #2

 
Once again, we had a crazy busy, but AMAZING weekend!  My beautiful sister Jessica and childhood friend Colleen hosted an amazing baby shower for baby Hudson in my hometown!  It was held at my parents house and ended up being a whole family affair!  Everyone was involved in brainstorming, preparing, and decorating for this shower!  Even my dad and Bob (Colleen's dad) contributed to this shower!  Have I mentioned how lucky we are to have such wonderful people in our lives?!?!  We had delicious food (cucumber sandwiches, pretzels, ham and turkey sandwiches, cupcakes, salad, potato salad, fresh fruit...) drinks (spiked baby blue punch and mint lemon tea) and adorable decorations!  Steve, Hudson, and I are so fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends! 


When you first walk in the front door this cute little guy is greeting you!  The party favors were "little boy blue blueberry muffins".  Colleen and her mom Carol are so crafty!  They made clothes pins that were covered in coordinating scrapbook paper for a fun baby game!  Everyone received 3 pins to put somewhere on their shirt. Then the rest of the afternoon you could not say BABY or someone could steel a pin!  The person with the most pins at the end of the shower wins!  It was so fun!  My super sweet and very quiet Great Aunt Ann ended up winning and shocking everyone!  She was a silent shark!  haha  We played two other games throughout the party!  One game was a nursery rhyme game where who ever was familiar with the most nursery rhymes won.  The other game Jessica and Colleen came up with was having all the guests guess how many inches around my baby belly is/was!  The person who guessed closest to the actual number won!  I thought it would be a little embarrassing, but surprisingly it wasn't bad at all!  It was all in good fun and everyone had some laughs!  Just in case you were wondering my belly circumference at the time of the party was 46 inches!!!  HAHA I'm not ashamed!  Someday that might be kinda fun to know!


My mom and sister found adorable hanging balls and lanterns to hang from door frames!  Again, everything was adorable!


The super cute pompom balls that were made out of love especially for Hudson's shower!  When I got a closer look, I realized they were made out of cupcake wrappers!!!!  What an adorable idea!


The gift table decorations!  Again there is a cute little duck stuffed animal and then garland made from the same cupcake wrappers that were used for the pompoms!


The O-So-Cute food table with adorable centerpiece!  This picture is before all the food was out and guests arrived!  The cupcakes were delicious and so cute!


The island decorations with the food, drinks, and diaper cake!


Jessica making the punch!


Mom and Carol finishing up the yummy food!


Colleen making the name tags!


 This was the adorable diaper cake that my mom made!!!  She is so creative!  Get a good look at the bib..."Grandma Said I Could".  haha


The finished food table!


All of the gifts for baby Hudson!  What a lucky little guy!


ABL!  Alana, Broke, and I chatting during the shower!


Being measured for one of the games!  Until I saw these pictures, I didn't realize just how BIG I had gotten.  I swear, in the mirror I didn't think I looked that big!


Opening gifts!



This was the book Jessica (your Aunt Jess) got Hudson! It was about the importance of wearing clean underwear!!!  haha Only Jessica would come up with something like that!  It is such a funny book!


Catching up with family!  They all live in Northern Indiana, so we don't get to see each other that often. It was so nice getting to spend time with them!  My cousin Brittany in the pink is also expecting and is due just a few weeks after Hudson!  She is having  a little boy too! 

I am still waiting to get more pictures, and will update this post ASAP!  Something I thought was really cute that Colleen and Jessica did, was on the invitation they asked guests to purchase a book for Hudson and write in that instead of getting a card.  In the end we ended up with about 30 books!!!!  Hudson received so many wonderful books that I just know he is going to LOVE!  Now he has a great start to his library!   When I got home and had time to read them all, there were tears!  I just can't wait to read them to my little love bug!  

Thank you again to Jessica, Colleen, Mom, Carol, Dad, and Bob for putting together this BEAUTIFUL baby shower for Hudson!  I am so appreciative to you for all the time and effort you put toward making this day perfect.   Also, a BIG thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy schedules to spend the afternoon celebrating with us!

Again, we are so excited about Hudson's upcoming arrival!  Steve and I are so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends who are not only supportive of Steve and I, and our growing family, but also very excited!  Having people around who love us and our baby so much has made this pregnancy so fun and enjoyable!  We  can't wait to see what the future holds and we can't wait to introduce Hudson to all our loved ones!  Not too much longer now!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment