Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A visit to the doctor and a CRAZY PREGNANT LADY!

Well, today started out good (...that's how a lot of my posts start), but once again took a strange turn!

I have been getting dizzy a lot lately and it is causing me some problems.  No one can seem to figure out exactly what the cause is.... it's driving me crazy!  I was hoping to find out some answers today when I went in to see my doctor!

I was to arrive at building 100 for my ultrasound, but when I got there I was told that my ultrasound was moved across the hospital's campus and that my doctor's office must have forgotten to call me... OK so I (at 7 months pregnant) jogged over to my doctor's office only to be told that their lab tech was out for the day and when it was time to get my blood drawn I would need to go back to the 100 building.... Girrr ok WHATEVER!  I got my ultrasound, baby looks good!  Then I received the dreaded glucose drink!  It honestly wasn't that bad.  Mine was lemon lime flavor and tasted like flat Sprite. 

 
One hour after drinking the glucose drink, you are suppose to get your blood taken.  It is time sensitive, so it is important not to get your blood drawn too early or too late. Well, I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for my appointment FOREVER and finally went up to the front desk to ask if I should just run across campus, get my blood drawn and then come back because I was approaching the 1 hour mark.... She said nooo and disappeared.  The nurse called me back and told me they had forgotten about me... (I had less than 20 minutes to get my blood drawn at this point) I was then told that to get me in I would just see the nurse practitioner....  WHAT?!?!  I made this appointment months ago, My doctor was there, they for got about me, and now I had to see the nurse practitioner instead of my doctor?!?!  I lost it!  Tears just started welling up in my eyes!  At first I could hide it by looking away, but soon it was obvious I was bawling uncontrollably....  The nurse and NP just looked at me like I was nuts!  BUT I'M NOT CRAZY!  I'M MAD!  I'M DIZZY!  I FEEL LIKE CRAP and I WANT ANSWERS AND TO SEE MY DOCTOR! I was told my dizziness could be due to vertigo, but they checked my ears and found no fluid and no infection, they then said it could be the way I had to sit for work that caused my blood pressure to fluctuate... THEY HAVE NO CLUE!  After a grand total of 7 minutes in the exam room I was rushed out and sent running to the other building to get my blood drawn for the glucose test, without any answers to any of my questions.  I arrived just in time and explained to the lady at check in that I was instructed to tell her that my test was time sensitive and that I needed to be seen right away.  Then I sat, and sat....and sat.  Two people went in to get their labs done before me!  WHAT?!?!  When I finally did get my blood taken almost 1 1/2 hours had passed since I finished the glucose drink.  So I cried more.  I am just waiting to hear that I have to take the test again..... 

I'm sure my outburst was due in part do me coming off my sugar high, but it was also due to pure frustration and discomfort!  After a few hours, I have calmed down but am still so irritated!  Tomorrow I might call and ask that MY doctor call me back to answer some of my questions. 

What a disaster!  Hopefully my next doctor's appointment in a month will be better....  PLEASE GOD! 

On the positive side, Hudson is doing absolutely WONDERFUL!  He is measuring right on track and had a heart rate of 147 bpm  today.  I'm so thankful that my little boy is healthy and doing well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment