Friday, August 5, 2011

29 week pregnancy update

Only 77 Days until Hudson's due date!!!!!


Today, Hudson is 15.25 inches long and weighs in at 2.5 pounds!  He is about the size of a butternut squash!  Hudson is still kicking A LOT!  I love feeling him move!  His kicks are getting a lot stronger and are at times a little painful.  I don't mind though!  Exhaustion is officially back, along with some other pregnancy symptoms from the first trimester...  CRAZY!  I have been a having dreams about Hudson the past few nights.  One dream was just about his hands and how tiny they were, with tiny little fingernails on them....  that was my dream, baby hands.  Someone please tell me what that means?!?!  I would love to know!

Due to some recent health issues I have been having (information in previous posts), today is my last day at work.  I was supoossed to work for another two weeks, but after my doctor's appointment on Wednesday I made the decision that it wasn't fair to myself or the people I was working with to continue working.  I can't predict when the dizzyness, headaches and backaches will hit, and I can't seem to get a firm answer from my doctor as to what is causing these issues.  All the doctor's office tells me to do is when it does happen is to, stop what I am doing, sit with my feet up, and relax for a while...  while this is great advice, it doesn't really work when you are on a tight schedule throughout the day.  Thankfully, Steve is very supportive and only wants what is best for Hudson and myself.  He agrees that this is the best thing for us.  It is bitter sweet, because on one hand I am excited about getting to relax and get things done around the house in preparation for Hudson's arrival, but on the other hand I am sad that I am leaving such nice people at the office where I am working.  I was so fortunate to find such a great office to work at.  I also know that it is going to be a while before I get back to working as a dental hygienist because I am going to stay home with Hudson for a little while after he is born.  I look forward to getting to spend time with my son, it is just bittersweet.  My first Big Girl job is coming to an end!  sigh

Next week, women's bible study starts back up, and I am SO excited!  We are reading Parenting by the Book.  I started reading it tonight.  It is very good so far and very insightful.  I look forward to getting together with other women from our church to discuss it!  It will be nice to get insight, advice, and support from other more experienced mommies!  I am gong to take this time to soak up as much information and advise as I possibly can about being a good parent and wife. 

There is so much to be thankful for!  This past week I have been doing some soul searching and have come to the conclusion that my priorities are all messed up.  When did worldly possessions become more important than a human life or health?  I take so much for granted and still want for more.  Something is seriously wrong with that.  This week I plan on taking a good long hard look at what it is that is truly important in my life and taking the steps necessary to rid my life if the unnecessary and counter productive.  I also want to figure out what I can do to give back.  Goal of the week:  Do at least one nice/ helpful thing each day for someone else. 

I am so thankful for:
  • My loving and supportive husband who works hard every day to provide and care for his family
  • My family, they are our support system and the people who we look to for guidance and advice
  • My health, the health of my family and friends, and of coarse the health of our baby Hudson 
  • Having access to awesome medical resources
  • Our friends who bring joy into our lives and also provide support
  • Our pets, who no matter what are always happy to see me and unconditionally love me
  • Our home, in a safe neighborhood,  where we have wonderful neighbors
  • People at our church who, even though we haven't been able to attend lately, haven't given up on us and have continued to extend a welcoming hand and many invitations to participate in group activities (we are so blessed to have found such a wonderful group of people)
  • The working car in our garage, the food in our fridge, the clean running water we have access to...
The list could go on and on.  I need to remember to do this more often.  It really helps put things in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment