Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sleep Much?

Nope!  No matter how much I do during the day, I toss and turn ALL NIGHT LONG!  My hips are killing me and I wake up to pee every 30 minutes (not an exaggeration)!  Also, I just can't seem to get our house cool enough at night!!!!  I wake up every night tossing the sheets aside because I start burning up...  At night we turn the thermostat down to 67 degrees... Steve freezing all night, curled up under sheets, 2 blankets, and a comforter.  I on the other hand just can't seem to cool off!  Not to mention I have stolen every single pillow on our bed except one (Steve's).....  I'm so high maintenance! 

Another thing plaguing me at night....  scary thoughts and dreams!  Last weekend I got the low down about childbirth (before, during, and after) from one of my friends!  She is veteran mommy and is pregnant with baby number two (due within a week of Hudson).  She is so funny and didn't hold back anything, and I mean ANYTHING!!!!  It is crazy all the things THEY (being doctors and books) don't tell you!!!  I'm so glad I have someone I can ask all those super embarrassing questions to, and also glad I can get the truth about what to expect!  Anyway, with the birth of Hudson getting closer and closer, the realization of what is about to happen is getting more and more real... it's a little scary!  EXCITING, but still a little scary!  I keep telling myself that I am going to have a pain free, quick, uncomplicated birth....  but in the back of my head I know I need to be flexible because things rarely go as planned (at least with my luck).  Everyone says that all the pain and exhaustion is totally worth it the second your sweet little baby is born.... it would be so nice to be at that moment.  Ya know, skip the actual child birth and get to the part where you have already forgotten the pain.  Hummmmm  Epidural?  YES PLEASE!

In other news, my list of things I wanted to accomplish last week... I got nothing done!!!!  Steve and I have been a little preoccupied with all this kitchen stuff!  It is AMAZING how messy and disorganized your life can get when you have to move everything out of your kitchen and live out of grocery bags!  Thankfully, the kitchen remodel will be completely finished on Tuesday and things will be able to get back to normal!  Maybe this week (but probably next week) we will get some things off the list checked off.  FINALLY

Lastly, On Sunday Steve and I Joined the church we have been attending!!!!  We have been talking about it for such a long time and it just seemed like the right thing to do!  We have gotten to know a lot of people in our Sunday School Class!  Everyone is so nice!  I look forward to getting more involved and getting to know everyone even better!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment