Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Doctor Drama and updates

Before Hudson, I had been seeing a doctor at a different practice affiliated with a different hospital.  She (the doctor) moved and referred me to another doctor.  So I went there once.  I liked her well enough, but there were a few things that I wasn't completely satisfied with (long waits and rude front office staff).  When we found out Hudson was in our future, I called and made an appointment.  The lady who answered the phone was so cold (you could tell she hated her job and probably pregnant women)!  You would think that when a woman calls and is obviously excited about having a baby the person on the other end of the phone would be understanding and offer up some type of congratulatory response....NOTHING.  Even worse, she was just mean!  Needless to say the search began for a new doctor!

Thankfully I found a doctor who was kind and understanding, not to mention her front office staff was WONDERFUL!  They were so kind on the phone and in person!  At my first appointment I knew that I had made the right decision.  My doctor listened to all my questions and concerns and went over my medical and family history with me in detail.  We came up with a plan, and I liked the pregnancy plan!

Well, yesterday I got a letter in the mail letting me know that my doctor would be moving and her last day would be October 6th!  WHAT!?!?!?  That is only about 2 weeks before Hudson's due date!  You have got to be kidding!!!!!!  After soaking in the information in this evil letter, I cried!  I had finally found a doctor I liked. I trusted her.  She has been there through the ups and downs of this pregnancy!  Now, who is going to deliver my baby?  I am going to have to make sure who ever my new doctor is knows my medical and family history!!!!  Will the new doctor honor the pregnancy and baby plan I had made with my previous doctor?  How inconvenient!!!  The melt down lasted until I was able to talk to some people about it... they calmed me down and made me feel better about the situation.  In the end, I came to the conclusion that whoever delivers Hudson will be competent and, when the time comes, I won't care as long as my baby is healthy. 

The doctor I am being referred to (and will end up seeing starting next month) is supposed to be really good.  A few of my friends go to her.  She is older and "tough" but knows what she is doing (or so I have herd).  I'm a little nervous about seeing yet another doctor so late in pregnancy, but I have been reassured that I will be very happy with this new doctor.  At least Hudson will still be able to be delivered at the same hospital. 

Flexibility... something I need to work on!  I need to learn to roll with the punches and not be such a hormonal mess!  Everything will be fine!

*Sleep Update*
Last night I tried sleeping in a recliner in our basement.... They are comfortable to sit in and watch TV in, but to sleep...not so much.  By 1:00am Steve had moved from the couch to the floor and I was uncomfortable too!  Shortly after that we decided to pack up our pillows and blankets and head back to our bed.  The rest of the night was restless, but definitely better than the past few nights!  Only 58 days to go.

On a happier note, this weekend my sister and a great childhood friend of mine are throwing Hudson a baby shower in my hometown!!!  My closest friends from home and my family will be in attendance!  I am so excited!  They have put so much time and work into putting this together!  I can't wait to see what all they have done!  We are so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends!  I'll be sure to devote an entire post about all the details of the shower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment