Thursday, August 11, 2011

In preparation for Hudson...

Last night I was able to sleep from 10:30pm to 2:30am, then everything changed.  I woke up and could not for the life of me get back to sleep.  No matter how many times I changed positions it just wasn't going to happen.  I even laid in bed for an hour willing myself back to sleep... No such luck!  Finally, around 3:40am I got up, made some coffee, had breakfast, did some laundry, and watched the movie Definitely, Maybe.  I DVR'd it a while ago, but never had the chance to watch it.  It was a cute movie and was surprisingly not predictable!  After that I sewed a button on Steve's pants, folded some laundry and painted my nails!  What a morning!  I was told by a friend of mine that Hudson was preparing me for what was to come....  Ahhhhh  O the sleepless nights!  Around 9:00am I crashed and ended up sleeping until 11:00am!!!  FINALLY, some much needed rest! 

Last night's lack of sleep got me thinking about everything that was getting ready to change and the responsibility that will soon be all on Steve and myself!  Soon, the constant up every hour or so will be a nightly occurrence....  I wonder how we will manage this?  Steve and I have a lot to talk about before Hudson arrives.  I don't want him to get all bogged down and feel like he is taking on too much with work AND a baby, but at the same time I know I won't be able to do it all by myself.  Hopefully when we do have the discussion, we will come to some sort of agreement/plan about what to expect when Hudson is born, that we will both be comfortable with. 

I walked 30 minutes on our treadmill today and did some stretches!  This may not sound like much to the average person, but at 30 weeks pregnant, it was a challenge!  Not to mention, this is the first time in a couple months I have walked due to previous doctor's orders!  Hopefully tonight I will sleep much better!  Ahhh it feels so good to work out!  haha

Tonight is our first women's bible study over Parenting by the Book!  I am so excited to meet other women at our church and soak up as much advice as I can get!  It is going to be a good day! 

Things I want to get done in the near future (within the next week):
  • make a list of things to bring to the hospital
  • make a call list
  • put together the pack n'play and baby swing
  • wash baby clothes and bedding
  • continue cleaning the house
    • our closet
    • the guestroom closet
    • dust/clean baseboards
    • clean lightfixtures
    • pick out kitchen hardware for new cabinet doors
    • rip up the floor in our kitchen in preparation for our kitchen update

No comments:

Post a Comment