Friday, August 12, 2011

30 WEEKS

I can't believe it!  I just can't BELIEVE it!  Today we are 30 weeks pregnant!  That means that we have 10 weeks or less left until Hudson makes his grand entrance into this world!  Again, sometimes it seems like I have been pregnant for years, but other times I can't believe that we are already at the 30 week mark!


Hudson is almost 16 inches long right now and weighs in at about 3 pounds!!!!!  He is about the size of a head of cabbage!  He has been much more active in the past few days and is getting stronger and stronger every day!  In the past when Hudson kicked or moved, I would feel a pop and that was it!  NOW, when he moves and rolls over, I can feel his head (or is bottom) move and shift under my hands!!!!  It is the most unbelievable, amazing, hard to explain feeling!  When I feel that, it is impossible not to picture a tiny human baby in  my stomach!  It is getting so REAL!  Hudson is also responsive to noises and light!  When it is dark he will move and shake, but seems to hide from the light!  I think he also gets startled when I am around loud noises because he will kick in response.

Lately, I have found myself daydreaming about what Hudson will look like and be like when he is born!  Steve and I have had many conversations about what we think the baby will look like!  We hope the baby has Steve's skin, lips, and ears.  We hope the baby has my hair, eyes, and teeth!  We want the baby to have a nose and chin that is part Steve and part myself!  haha  Not that WE get to pick what our baby looks like!  It is just fun to guess and make predictions about what he will look like!  We will just have to wait and see!!!  There is all this technology out there that allows you to see a baby's facial features before they are even born!  It is really cool, but Steve and I made the decision that we would NOT be having this done.  For one thing, we want to be surprised on Hudson's birthday.  Also, it's pretty expensive!!!!  They say that best time to get the 3D/4D ultrasound done to see what the baby looks like is between 27 and 32 weeks!  Well, that is so close to the due date we couldn't justify spending the $250 just to get a sneak peak!  I LOVE seeing them though when friends get them done!  It really is AMAZING how far technology has come! 

This week a lot will be going on in the Farmer House!  We are in the market for a video camera...  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Along with the camera, our Kitchen remodel starts this week!  Our floor will be getting ripped up this weekend and then Monday all of our cabinets will be taken out so the tile can get laid!  Electrical, Drywall, and plumbing will also be underway!  I am so excited!!!!!  This means that this weekend, this pregnant lady has a lot of packing/cleaning to do!  I have to remove EVERYTHING from our kitchen so it can be worked on!  It makes me tired just thinking about it!  hehe  Well, I better get started!

70 days to go, and LOVING every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment