Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Monday was day one of a planned 14 of our Kitchen Remodel.  I am so excited!  Steve and I spent our entire Sunday ripping up our old kitchen floor... as it turned out, there were three layers of linoleum and two sub floors....  SURPRISE!  O the fun!  Let's be honest though, I wasn't much help.  Steve did most (ALL) the work.  I watched HGTV and gave him pointers that I'm sure he appreciated (NOT)!  The DIY Network and HGTV have become my new FAVORITE television stations!  This whole designing rooms, picking out flooring, wall coverings, hardware.... I LOVE IT!  It would be awesome to do that for a living!  I would love it if someone would give me an old fixer-upper and a decent budget (key words being "give me money") and let me go to town!  I would love to choose everything from cabinet placement and finish to throw pillows and window coverings!  ....DREAMS

Anyway, so far, so good! Today our new tile floor goes in and all the electrical and plumbing will be finished!  YEA!!!  I can't get over how smooth this remodel/update is going so far!  You always hear horror stories about people not showing up or not getting the job done....  but that has not happened once!  In fact, our wonderful contractor got here 30 minutes EARLY on Monday!  My parents (they just went through a bed/bath remodel that took forever) were even impressed!  As of now, this project is going to be completely finished next week!  YEA!!!!  Then the cleaning begins again for me, putting everything back where it belongs, cleaning the dust and debris from the rest of our house....

This week has been full of random stuff so far!  Here is a quick recap!  Walking, shopping, visiting with friends, cleaning, kitchen demolition, hanging out with Jess (Aunt Jessica), Birthday Parties, cooking, FRIENDS watching, walking Sadie, reading....


Our empty kitchen, no floors, cabinets, appliances...


This is where some of our kitchen stuff ended up!  Sorry Hudson!  Your room has been turned into storage!  Everything else is stuffed in our guest room!  AHHHHHH



No comments:

Post a Comment