Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hudson's Nursery!!!!

 
I am one happy mama to be!  At 23 weeks 3 days, Hudson's nursery is practically done (minus a few decorations here and there)!  I am so relieved that all the BIG jobs are finished!  This past weekend was a whirl wind!  It went by so fast!  My wonderful parents came in town Saturday around 11:00am.  While Steve and my dad moved furniture and wiped down the walls, my mom and I ran to Sherwin-Williams to pick up the paint and supplies.  Earlier I posted some paint color options we were looking at.  I wasn't really excited about any of the colors we had found.  So, mom and I were browsing at some other options when an interior designer (who was there with another client) came over, looked at Hudson's bedding and pulled a paint card out saying "This color would be perfect".  Mom and I were ecstatic!!!  The color was PERFECT!!!  It wasn't even close to the colors I had been looking at.  How lucky are we?!?  The color is called Languid Blue.  It is more gray than bright baby blue and it is awesome! 


You can really see the difference in the color we ended up choosing and the colors we were looking at.  The new color work so much better with the bedding!  I just love it!

Once the painting started, I was not allowed to be in the room.  My parents are so cute!  They are so protective of me and Hudson.  It is hard for me to let other people do things for me.  I'm not going to lie, I got yelled at by my parents a few times this weekend for trying to jump in and help move things or paint....   It is just so hard to watch other people working so hard and not do anything.  I am so thankful I have such wonderful parents who offered to paint Hudson's room for us. 


My parents (Grandma and Grandpa Smith) painting the nursery.  My dad is wearing his Father's Day gift from a year ago!  haha He says it helps him see better when he does the edging!  


My dad did all the edging!


My mom did all the rolling!  

While mom and dad were working hard painting, Steve was in the basement working with some of his man toys, and Jessica and I were watching a movie on TV.  It was a great day!


Steve had an audience while he was working!

After the painting was done, my dad and Steve moved the furniture back and hung Hudson's adorable curtains!  I couldn't be happier with how his nursery turned out!  We couldn't have done it with out my parents!  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family! 



Mom fixing the curtains and doing the finishing touches!


Our other baby liked Hudson's bed too!!!  Otis snuck in the room without us knowing and this is where we found him.

Steve and I could not be more pleased with how Hudson's room turned out!  It is better than we could have ever imagined.  Now all we need is our sweet baby boy to get here, not for another 15 weeks or so though!  Here is a before picture of the Nursery!


Before AND....


TA DA!!!!


I just can't get over how AMAZING Hudson's room turned out!  Thanks mom and dad, or should I say Grandma and Grandpa!   I love you both so much!  Hudson is so lucky to have such wonderful and loving grandparents!


My parents standing in front of their handiwork!

After a long day of hard work, we met up with Steve's mom (Grandma Farmer) and headed to dinner at Halls!  It was a beautiful evening!  We dined for 2 hours on fried pickles and banana peppers, bear cheese, hush-puppies, and other fried foods!  It was the perfect end to the perfect day! 

My parents are getting ready to go on a vacation, so this week Steve and I will have a house guest!  


Aren't they so cute!!!!  Sadie loves having Rocky here to play with!

Well, the house is a bit of a mess after this weekend, but that is OK with me!  I have the next few weeks to clean, clean, and clean some more.  At least all the big stuff is done!  After everyone cleared out, I spent a long time just sitting in Hudson's room looking at everything and thinking about all the great times to come!  I thought about Hudson's birthday, Thanksgiving, and getting ready and celebrating Hudson's first Christmas... We are so lucky to have such wonderful families and great support system!  We have so much to be thankful for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment