Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let the Nesting Begin

I am a cleaning freak right now!  I want everything spotless from our ceilings all the way down to our...air ducts???  YES that's right!  Every nook and cranny NEEDS to be cleaned, sanitized, then cleaned again just in case!  Do you think the nesting instinct has kicked in yet?

Today we had Kentucky Clean Air out to clean our air ducts.  The air ducts were disgusting to say the least!  Our house is over 20 years old and by the looks of it, the air ducts had never been cleaned out.  They found toys, puzzle pieces, and even a random baby bottle.... Please tell me how that got in there?!?!  I am not adding pictures (even though some were taken) because it is not only gross, but also embarrassing that we were living in such filth!   Along with getting our air ducts cleaned out, I vacuumed, dusted, cleaned windows, cabinets, floors, all our appliances, furniture and and threw a bunch of stuff away!  WHAT A DAY!  Many breaks were taken throughout the day, but I still got a lot done!  Tomorrow, I will tackle baseboards, more kitchen stuff, bathrooms, and maybe some laundry....

I had always herd pregnant women get this urge, no, URGENT EMERGENCY like NEED to clean EVERYTHING...  and I guess it is true.  I want everything completely clean and disinfected immediately!  Steve probably thinks I'm a little crazy, but I don't care!  If he were so concerned about me cleaning, painting, dusting, vacuuming.... everything, he could offer to help instead of sitting there playing with his new IPAD.  (That's my rant for the day)  He just doesn't understand the urgency and how important having a clean home for us and for our baby is (to me).  God love the man, I know I do.  It is just so frustrating when I work so hard all day making things SPOTLESS in our home and hubbs comes home and leaves a tornado like path of destruction everywhere he goes (chairs pushed out, plate on the table, crumbs on the newly cleaned carpet, random glasses of water everywhere, work clothes on the floor, shoes in the middle of the entryway....).  I just want to pull my hair out, and cry!  See, the nesting instinct has kicked in full gear here at the Farmer House....  Ahhh pregnancy hormones!  I can only imagine how messy things will get when a baby/child is added into the mix!  Hopefully the nesting instinct will be long gone by then so I can relax a little about this clean house stuff! 

Hudson, when you grow up, please remember to always thank other people and acknowledge them and appreciate them for whatever work they may do, whether they work 80 hours a week in a stuffy office or if they stay at home and take care of the kids!  Take time to notice the little things and make sure you let those around you know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated!  Just a little advice from mother to son.  DO NOT TAKE PEOPLE FOR GRANTED or EXPECT OTHERS TO TAKE CARE OF YOU!  Always leave a place of situation better than when you found it!  When I was in high school one of our teachers had a saying "FLUSH YOUR OWN TOILET".  It's a little weird, but very important.  Take care of your messes, and don't expect other people to clean up after you!   I know that I sure won't (after you are about the age of 2)!  hehe  You will thank me for it later.  I will leave you with some wise words my wonderful grandma gave me:

RULES OF THE HOUSE

If you sleep in it...make it up.
If you wear it...hang it up. 
If you drop it...pick it up.
If you eat out of it...wash it.
If you spill it...wipe it up.
If you turn it on...turn it off.
If you open it...close it.
If you move it...put it back.
If you break it...repair it.
If you empty it...fill it up.
If it rings...answer it.
If it howls...feed it.
If it cries...love it.
  

This is not the best picture, but I thought you should be able to put a name with a face.
Your Aunt Jessica is on the left, next to your Great Grandpa Neuenschwander (Chuck) and your Great Grandma Neuenschwander (Dorothy), and myself (your mama)!  By the way, your Great Grandparents celebrated 60 years of marriage together and truly loved each other until the day they died.  You would be wise to take to heart any advice they gave, it obviously worked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment