Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Funday

Today is my first work free day, and I have been taking full advantage of all my extra time!  I hope not every day up until Hudson is born is like this, because I will be exhausted if it is!  This morning I got up early, as usual and had a yummy breakfast of Special K with Strawberries, a big glass of water, yogurt, and one cup of coffee (I can't help myself)!  After that I ran to the store and picked up all the grocery necessary for the dinner I was making for a family at our church tonight.  Four short hours later this is what I had accomplished!

A meal for two families (us included) of Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread, Salad, and Chocolate Chip Cookies!


I found a recipe on-line, but of course made a few adjustments...hope it turns out ok!

1 lb laura's lean ground beef (or whatever kind you like)
1 medium onion chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
oregano
salt
pepper
Italian seasoning
1 lb ziti pasta
2 jars pasta sauce ( I LOVE Prego, but anything works)
1 pkg sliced provolone cheese
about 1 cup sour cream (can sub. for ricotta cheese)
shredded Italian 5 cheese blend (sargento or other brand)
fresh mozzarella
  • Cook pasta in boiling water until done
  • In large pan combine first seven ingredients until meat is completely cooked
  • add two jars of pasta sauce to meat combination and let simmer
  • On bottom of large baking dish put a thin layer of meat sauce then add 1/2 the drained pasta
  • put 1/2 the meat sauce over pasta
  • using entire pkg of provolone cheese cover pasta
  • next, put a layer of sour cream (use all of it) sprinkling Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on top.
  • add the rest of the pasta followed by meat sauce, shreaded cheese and mozerella cheese
  • top with Italian seasoning
  • Bake Covered in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes!



The finished product!  All I have to do now is bake it right before we eat!  YUMMMMM


These chocolate chip cookies turned out pretty good too!  I just use the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll house bag and use milk chocolate chips!

After all my cooking fun, I made appointments for people to come look at our AC unit and duct work in our house.  Our AC has been leaking water all over the unfinished part of our basement and our duct work is filled with dust....  It hasn't been cleaned out in years!!!!  UGH  with a baby on the way this mamma bear did not want dirt floating around!  YEA for getting everything cleaned out!  Speaking of cleaning, my project over the weekend was to clean out our linen closet! DONE!  


I can't figure out how to turn the picture....  but you get the idea! Not too shabby!

Well, the AC people are on their way right now (just got the phone call)!  After they leave I will be taking that yummy meal shown above over to the family from our church, then I will be calling it a day!  Hopefully tonight I will be able to relax and get some sleep! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment