Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crazy Weekend and a visit from Shrek!

This weekend was a whirlwind of fun and a lot of travel!  On Saturday (after the couponing event at church) Steve and I made our way up to Indianapolis!  We spend the afternoon walking around at some new shops, eating at Kona Grill (one of my favorite restaurants) and watching Kentucky Football! My parents were at the IU football game with neighbors, so Steve and I got to spend a wonderful afternoon/evening together running around my hometown!  It was wonderful!

Sunday, we all went up to Northern Indiana to visit my grandma in the hospital and for my sweet cousin's baby shower!  My grandma was doing great!  She was in ICU, but was alert and talking.  The doctors seemed to think that she would be good to go home early this week.  My cousin's baby shower was wonderful!  She is expecting a little boy "Landon" just a few weeks after Hudson is born.  It was so nice to see the family again.  She had a great turn out!  About 30 people came to show their love and support!  Everything was adorable!  They even made little chocolate mints in the shape of baby bottles!!!  Brittany (my cousin) received so many adorable gifts!   Landon is one lucky little baby!!  I can't wait to meet him!

After we got back to Indy that evening, I met up with two of my best friends for dinner!  We had been planning this dinner for a long time because it would be the last time we would be able to get together before Hudson gets here.  We went to Granite City and spent over two hours chatting the night away!  I LOVE these girls!  Because we live over three hours apart, we don't get to see each other very often, but when we can see each other, it is like no time has passed!  ABL FOREVER!

Monday morning Steve and I left to come home.  We made a stop in Louisville at the Humana main office building because Steve's coworkers wanted to throw us a baby shower!!!  It was so wonderful!  he is so lucky to work with such wonderful people!  They went above and beyond!  Steve and I were blown away by their thoughtfulness and generosity.


This was the food list/ sign up in the office!  Let me just say that the food was AMAZING! I will be getting recipes for every single item on this list!  Even the pulled pork was homemade.  We are talking baking a pork loin, shredding it, slow cooking it, and making homemade BBQ sauce!  Yummy


This is the adorable cupcake cake for Steve and I!  Isn't it just beautiful!  


This is a close up picture of the baby made of fondant on the cake!  As soon as we got home I put it in a Tupperware container and stuck it in the freezer to save for Hudson's first birthday!


These are all the awesome gifts Hudson received!!!  He got a lot of adorable baby clothes, 6 boxes of little swimmer diapers, 5 boxes of baby wipes, 1 box of regular diapers, a quilt, toys, bibs, and a sleep and play rocker!  Again, we were just blown away!

On our way home, Steve wanted to swing by HH Gregg to pick up a video camera.  This weekend he decided that we needed to hurry up and get one NOW so we could figure out how to use it well before Hudson gets here!  Steve really is turning into a great dad.  hehe  He really wants to capture all the important moments of Hudson's life!  When we got home we washed all Hudson's new clothes and put everything away!  WE ARE READY!


This is his full closet!  We have diapers, swings, gowns, sleepers, outfits....  Do you think we have everything we could possibly need?!?!



Have I mentioned that my bags are packed?!?!  At my last doctor's appointment my doctor told me that Hudson could come any time and if labor did start, they wouldn't do anything to stop it.  While that news is exciting, it got me freaked out!  So, I packed (started packing) my hospital bags.  I'm not exactly sure what I will need, but so far I have shower supplies, baby clothes, blankets, paperwork, contacts, dry shampoo....  Any advice on what to pack would be greatly appreciated. 

WARNING WARNING WARNING
the following picture is gross!!!


After such a long crazy weekend, I took off my shoes, sat down and this is what I saw....  MY SHREK FEET!  This is the first time I have noticed any swelling during pregnancy.  People said this would happen, but I'm almost 36 weeks, so I assumed I was out of the woods.... guess not!  They stayed pretty puffy the whole evening, but when I woke up this morning, they were back to normal.  THANK GOD!  Let's hope this doesn't happen often!


No comments:

Post a Comment