Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random Thoughts


~  I can't believe two weeks ago today we headed to the hospital to have Hudson!  TWO WEEKS!!!!

~  Hudson is wearing mostly newborn clothes, but can fit in some smaller 0-3 month outfits....  I'm not sure how I feel about this!

~  Hudson's original due date is tomorrow...  I'm so glad he got here early! 

~  Your body really does heal quickly after having a baby...  Two weeks ago, it didn't seem like it would! 

~  I never knew how much time and energy it took to take care of a newborn baby...  All they do is lay there right?!?!  haha  I have a whole new level of respect for moms!

~  After two weeks I am just now starting to feel "normal" again (whatever that is).

~  I love my mom (and family) even more...again I didn't think it would be possible, but I do!

~  Everything and I mean EVERYTHING takes 100 times longer to do when you have a baby!!!  I'm lucky if I get a chance to get out of my PJ's and take a shower....  There is no point in dressing up right now.  Every time I do, I get spit up on and end up changing back anyway....

~The O So Traumatic diaper changes can be easier when approached like a Pit Crew for NASCAR!  Tag teaming makes the entire ordeal much more tolerable for baby!

~  Babies eat ALL THE TIME! 

~  Take it one day at a time!  Enjoy every second!  Learn to love exactly where you are at in life!  Don't wish your life away!  Appreciate the small things!

~  Sleep is a thing of the past...for me anyway!

~  I never knew I could love another human being like I love my baby:  unconditionally, without reason, totally, and completely!!!

~  I thought at about 1 week out I was out of the woods for the "hormonal mood swings"....  then the next day they kicked in!  I cried about everything (it didn't help that our family pet passed away).  It is getting better.

~  Having a baby really makes you put things in perspective.  It makes you look at what is really important in life. 

~  I have never been so Happy and Scared all at the same time... I worry about him more than I ever thought I would.  Does he get enough to eat?  Am I meeting all of his needs?  Will is reflux cause him to choke while I'm asleep at night?  Are his hiccups uncomfortable?

~ Just because you are pregnant does NOT mean you can or should eat everything you crave!!!  If you do, don't be surprised when you gain a metric ton.  Blaming the swelling only gets you so far...  UGH!

~  Baby poop is exciting!  Who knew?!?!

~  A baby pooping is just able the most adorable thing ever, right up there with a baby smiling, tooting, holding your finger...

~  The job (privilege) of  parenting is not shared equally between partners with a newborn...  I was not expecting this, but when you really think about it, there is only so much daddy can do when babies are this small....  As good of a person and dad I think Steve is/will be, he can only do so much with Hudson at the age he is...  And let's be honest, to a guy, a newborn just isn't that interesting....

~  The moment you meet your baby, you are willing to do anything for them.  You would give your life for your baby in a heart beat if necessary.  NO QUESTION!

~  Family pets get jealous easily... be sure to pay a lot of attention to them too!

~  Nothing breaks your heart more than hearing your baby cry.

~  After having a baby with the man you love, you love him more than you ever thought you could.  I never thought it would be possible to love my husband more than I already do, but creating a new life with him is/was probably the most amazing thing WE ever could have done.

~  Hand sanitizer is essential

~  Everyone has opinions on what to do with a baby and how to care for them...  Do what you feel is right and let the rest go in one ear and out the other.  People mean well.  

~  Protective doesn't even begin to describe  a new mother.  There is a reason for the saying "mama bear"!

~  You can buy your baby expensive swings, toys, clothes, and furniture, but at the end of the day, your baby chooses what HE likes...  We have 3 different kinds of swings, a cradle, pack n' play, and a crib.  Our baby HATES all but one of the swings and will only sleep in the cradle (Fisher Price rock and play sleeper ~$50).

No comments:

Post a Comment