Monday, October 17, 2011

Hudson is 10 days old and my life will never be the same!

So much has happened over the past 10 days!  I can't even believe it!  My world has completely changed...for the better!  Just look at this little man!!!!


Isn't he just the cutest!!!  He started smiling this week!  Even if it IS just for gas, it is still adorable!  He can suck his thumb too!  Every time I look at him, my heart just melts!

Steve was home with Hudson and me for the first week.  I was sad that today he had to go back to work, but so thankful/excited that my mom is here for this next week!  I need all the help I can get lately.  There just aren't enough hours in a day.  It blows my mind how much longer EVERYTHING takes.  If I'm not feeding Hudson, I'm changing him, burping him, eating, or trying to figure out when I need to do everything all over again!!!  Having someone here with me has been a life saver, because there is no sleep for this mama!  Steve and I are still trying to work out a plan of attack when dividing up care for our baby....  I don't know what I am going to do next week when it is just the two of us...  I tear up just thinking about it!


Thanks Grandma for helping us out this week!  I think Hudson is pretty happy about her being here too!  I don't know what I would do without here help this week!

Today was a BIG FIRST!  We went on a short walk up and down our street!  It was such a nice day that we just couldn't resist!  It is crazy how out of shape I am!  I think Hudson did great and Sadie was happy getting out too!


Being a parent really rocks your world!  All of the sudden, your life isn't just yours anymore!  You are constantly at your baby's beck and call (even at 3am).  His needs become much more important than your needs and you find yourself not eating or sleeping in order to feed or comfort him.  Nothing else seems to matter except taking care of your baby's needs.  In the past 10 days, I have turned into a hormonal, sleep deprived, dairy cow who eats granola bars all the time because it is easy and convenient....and I couldn't be happier about it!

Hudson has changed so much in his short life.  His ear is no longer bent, his face has filled out and is much less puffy, he is alert and can track you with his eyes, and will sit and "talk" to you!  I still can't believe he is mine and he is here!  Hudson really is such a good baby.  He doesn't really cry much, just fusses when he needs something.  He doesn't sleep at night, but will on and off during the day.  That is something we are trying to figure out how to fix!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~IN OTHER NEWS~*~*~*~*~*~

Saturday was a sad day for us.  Otis, our three year old cat passed away.  When we got home from the hospital we noticed he was acting funny.  We took him to the vet and came home with antibiotics thinking he just had a bug of some kind.  by Friday this past week he still wasn't eating, drinking, or moving.  He would sit in the same spot all day.  So we took him back to the vet.  They ran blood work and found that his potassium levels were off and wanted to keep him over night to give him fluids and monitor him.  Unfortunately, Saturday morning we got a phone call letting us know that he had just passed away.  Apparently he had heart problems that we didn't know about and the baby coming home stressed him out and caused him to go into a downward spiral....

No comments:

Post a Comment