Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy 1 week Birthday Hudson!

This morning as I was up feeding my precious baby, I glanced over and saw that it was 4:00am.  I realized that 1 week ago from that exact moment, I was holding my baby boy for the very first time.  The tears started flowing (It happens a lot lately). I can't believe he is already a week old!!! What is even more crazy is that his due date still isn't for another week!!!  Ahhhh I don't even want to know how big he would have been had he been born on his due date!

We were discharged from the Hospital on Sunday afternoon.  It was a little scary realizing that YES they really were going to send us off on our own with this little tiny baby.  I road in the back seat the whole way home to be close to Hudson.  Once home, it really started to sink in that we were now on our own!  The first night was rough, I'm not going to lie.  Hudson had gotten circumcised earlier that day and hadn't been eating well.  We couldn't get him to sleep, and all he wanted to do was be cuddled and cry!  Ahhhh

Each night after that has gotten better and better!  Steve is sleeping through the night and I am trying o nap when I have time.  Our system is far from perfect and leaves me exhausted about 99% of the time, but at least I know what to expect.

Hudson had his first doctor's appointment this week  We found out that he had lost 1 pound in 1 day!  So. they refereed me to a lactation consultant and she eased my mind.  Now Hudson is right on track!

They days are a blur all blended together.  Hudson is the happiest, most loving baby!  He is just so good!  I love him so much.  He even recently started smiling!  It is so cute.

Friends and family have been bringing us dinner this past week.  Last night, Grandma and Grandpa Farmer came over and brought a yummy spread!


Grandma and Grandpa Farmer at our house!
 Steve, Hudson, and Grandpa Farmer!

Grandma and Grandpa Smith will be n town!  YEA!!!!  My mom will be staying with us for a whole week starting tomorrow.  I am so thankful that she offered to come help. 

I love my life right now.  I will post more, but I can't keep my eyes open right now.....  Hudson is curled up on my chest and I couldn't be happier.   LIVE IS WONDERFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment