Sunday, October 23, 2011

He we go again on our own....

Yesterday my mom left and now it is just going to be Steve, Hudson, and me...  I am a little nervous about being home alone with Hudson all day.  When my mom was here, she would love on him and let me get things done (like shower, brush my teeth, eat, and sleep...).  There were definitely some tears when they pulled away!  Even though he is a little tiny baby, he can be pretty intimidating!  Here are some pictures from yesterday before my parents left!


Me at 2 weeks and 1 day post pregnancy!  The swelling is going down and I'm starting to look normal again!  PLAYTEX DROP IN's my be the best thing EVER!  So far, they are proving to be a lifesaver!


 My parents with Hudson before they headed back home!  I miss them so much already!  I really wish we lived closer and they were retired so that they could come stay with us more often... Hint Hint mom and dad!  WISHFUL THINKING!


 We did photo shoot outside before Grandma and Grandpa Smith left!  Hudson missed them so much when they left, he even cried for a good two hours!  haha


 Me with Hudson and my parents!


 Our NEW Family!

Hudson really is such a good baby!  He does cry, but not too much and is usually very content!  Nights are still a little hard.  When he wakes up and needs fed, sometimes I am so tired I feel delirious!  I even have dreams/nightmares that seem so real that it really freaks me out!  I have dreams that I can't find my baby, or that I fed him and fell asleep with him in my arms and woke up and he wasn't there... It may sound silly, but nothing makes a new moms heart race like the thought of loosing her baby!  Luckily, those have started to subside!  His night time feedings are also starting to get more regular, meaning they are usually every 2 1/2 to 3 hours instead of random times.  I can count on waking up about 3 times each night for a good hour and getting about 3-4 hours of sleep.  Hey, it's an improvement! 

For lunch yesterday we had P.F. Chang's and I had the best fortune EVER!  I can't get the picture to flip, but you get the message!  It was too funny!


"Do not give up:  the beginning is always the hardest"


"Milk"

Haha How funny is that?!?  It was definitely encouraging!  Everyone keeps telling me that around 3 months things will get a lot easier....  I am looking forward to that, but until then I am going to enjoy every second I have with this beautiful little baby!  I'm sure one day I am going to look back and miss my all nighters and snuggle time with my baby!  He won't be this little forever....  We are taking it one day at a time and trying to be the best parents we can possibly be!  

Yesterday, Steve and I decided to take Hudson and Sadie out for a nice long walk.  It was so beautiful outside!  All our neighbors wanted to see him!  No one got to hold or touch him (I blocked) but everyone just oooed and ahhed over how sweet he was!  Anyway, Hudson was great on the walk!  He slept the entire time and Sadie really needed to get out and let off some energy!  The walk was also nice because Steve and I got to talk and hang out like "old times"!  I cherish every second I have with my husband, because we don't get to spend that much time together just hanging out, especially now.  We try to make every moment count!

We love you Hudson, more than words can possibly describe!  You are the best thing that has ever happened to us and we couldn't imagine our lives any other way!  We thank God every day for letting us be your parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment