Sunday, October 2, 2011

OCTOBER! BABY MONTH

I can't sleep AT ALL!!!!  I even had a really busy day yesterday....WHAT GIVES?!?!  Anyway, I thought I would use this time to be productive and write a new blog post. 

It is crazy to think that it is already October!  Hudson will be here sometime THIS month!!!  It as made me a little sentimental.... Steve and I have had such a great weekend so far, and all I keep thinking is how this could possibly be our last weekend just the two of us!  TEAR!  We are going to really take it in and try to enjoy every last minute of our baby free lives! 

To be completely honest, I am starting to get a little scared....  It is just now starting to sink in just HOW this baby is going to get here....  That thought alone is terrifying.  Not only that, but once the baby is here we are completely responsible for raising a decent human being!  AHHHHHH 

Friday night I went to a friends baby shower!!!  It was so nice!  She is having a little boy too!  Hudson is going to have so many little friends!  David, my friends baby, is due in 7 weeks!  Not too much longer to go!!!  I can't wait until all my friends who are pregnant have their babies so we can have play dates!!!!! 

Saturday, Steve and I got up, ran some errands, and ended up at Boyds Orchard!  We got hot apple cider, walked around, picked some apples, and got some yummy apple cider doughnuts!  It was fun!  We even ran into some friends while there!  We were all surprised at how many people were out Saturday morning!  It was busy even though it was C.O.L.D.  The perfect way to spend a beautiful fall morning!  BLISS  Anyway, we made it home just in time to watch the UK Football game.  That was a disaster, but we weren't expecting any miracles....  At halftime I decided to go shopping at Target to pick up some last minute baby/maternity gear along with multiple bottles of hand sanitizer!  Around 4:30pm (after the CATS lost) Steve and I went for a LONG walk! It was wonderful!  Again, we couldn't have asked for nicer weather!  It was cool and crisp!  When we got home I hurried up to get ready for a friends birthday!  She had the most fun idea for a birthday party!  We went to a local painting place called Painting With A Twist!  As it turns out, I know the owners!  Anyway, It was so fun!  We spent the next 2 1/2 hours painting this:


Not to shabby if I do say so myself!  I will definitely be going back for more classes!  What a great and fun idea for gifts or to decorate your own home!  When I got back, I told Steve that we are going to have to do that for a date night sometime soon.... He is a little skeptical but I just know he would have fun! 

Now, it is 5:00am and I'm sitting on our couch watching When Harry Met Sally and drinking warm tea.  It's too early to get ready for Church and WAY TOO EARLY to go grocery shopping.  I really want a bowl of cereal, but we don't have any milk!  Ugh Just my luck!  haha 

It's October!!!!  AMAZING things are coming our way this month!!!!  It's going to be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! I can't wait to hear all about Hudson's arrival! Just a few more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete