Friday, July 22, 2011

27 weeks.... my how time flies

Well my dear Hudson, you are 27 weeks today!  I really don't think a whole lot has changed from this week to last, except now you are over 2 lbs, somewhere around 15 inches, packing on more weight each day, and this time next week we will be saying farewell to the 2nd Trimester and HELLO 3rd! 

It is so hard to believe that we are almost to our 3rd and final trimester of this pregnancy!  The last lap if you will!  Today I feel extremely calm about everything (preparedness, birth in general, all the changes taking place).  I am more excited than anxious, which is a nice change from the recent past.  On Tuesday of this week I even got your daddy and I signed up for two classes at the hospital we will be delivering you at. 

The first class is an infant CPR class.  Your dad and I both thought this was something very important to learn before your arrival.  You can NEVER be to prepared when it comes to this stuff!  The second class we are signed up to take is called First Steps.  It teaches 1st time parents what to expect at the hospital, how to bathe and feed their new baby, change diapers,...  I think they also give us a tour of the Women's Birthing Center where you will be born.  I got a quick tour at a maternity fair a few months ago, but Steve has yet to see it.  I am pretty excited about these classes and I think your daddy is to secretly! 

AT 27 WEEKS

Food Cravings:  SUBWAY, anything chocolate, cheese, and Graters Mocha Chip ice cream

Belly Button:  Still in, but making its way out

Stretch Marks:  None that I can see...  but lets be honest, I'm not looking very hard for these little things

Movement:  Hudson has had his days.  Sometimes I won't feel him for what seems like an entire day.  Other times he is moving so much it takes everything I have to fall asleep.  I love feeling him, but the kicks are getting stronger each day...  Most of the time they don't hurt, but every once in a while he gives me a good punch that hurts a little.  I haven't gotten kicked in the ribs...yet, but hear that is something I have to look forward to!

Weight Gain:  I don't know an exact number, but if I had to guess I would say that I have gained around 20lbs so far.  My OBGYN says I'm on track to gain between 30-35lbs total, so that's good.

 
Well that's all for now!  I am going to enjoy this last week in the 2nd Trimester, but am very much looking forward to the 3rd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment