Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

So, my giant to do list didn't even come close to being completed....  BUT that is alright!  I set the bar high, and did end up getting a lot accomplished! 

After a crazy Friday at work (Not the best day I have ever had... to put it nicely) Steve and I had dinner at Texas Roadhouse where I stuffed my face full of their AMAZING rolls!  Yummm from there we made our way to BuyBuy Baby and Baby's R Us to add and subtract things from our baby registry.  Now that we have a better idea of what we need/want it is much easier to run through the store scanning only the necessities.  It only took about an hour total to get this done.  Steve was so happy about that!  When we got home we decided to watch Hall Pass.  Neither one of us has seen the movie.... it had funny parts, but I was less than impressed.  O-well.  At least we got to put our feet up and relax for a few hours!

Saturday started with a visit bright and early from a contractor we are working with to fix up some things in our house.  We chatted and brainstormed for about an hour.  From there Steve and I took off to go look at countertops, tile, sinks, pick up a soap dispenser, pick up Hudson's bed rails for his full size bed, and make a Key for my parents....  we got everything done except the last one.  COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THE KEY, and we were even at the store.....  Pregnancy Brain I guess. 


I made dinner last night!  It was the first time I have REALLY cooked anything other than spaghetti or hamburger helper in months!  We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli cheese casserole (from cheddar's, why mess with perfection) and mac and cheeses.  Ill be honest the only thing homemade was the meatloaf.  It turned out pretty good!  YEA!  SUCCESS!  Saturday night was punctuated with another movie Steve picked out.  It was called Takers.  It was action packed and full of eye candy!  I would totally recommend it!  hehe


Well it's now about 11:00am on Sunday.  So far today, other than getting to sleep in (which I am soooo happy about), I have eaten breakfast, converted my American Dental Hygienist Association membership from student to Active Member, and attempted to register for an infant CPR class and an Infant Care class through the hospital where Hudson will be borne.  The website was having some technical difficulties, so I guess Ill try again later today.  A good friend is coming in town today with her Husband to hand out and catch up for a little bit.  Then after that, maybe we will do some yard work, wash the cars, take Sadie on a short walk.... who knows.

Why is it that the weekend (THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE WEEK) is the part that goes by soooo fast?!?!  I am so thankful that in a few weeks I am going to have more time to get everything that I need to get done, DONE before Hudson arrives.  There just aren't enough hours in a day.... 

O and Hudson is kicking up a storm lately!  Steve has now been able to feel Hudson move many many times!  Some of the kicks were so good, Steve was even impressed!  Last night, he kicked and wiggled until about 12:30!!!!  It was fun feeling him, but I hope he doesn't start doing this so late on a regular basis.... mama needs some sleep in order to make it through the work day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment