Friday, July 8, 2011

25 weeks

This past week can be summed up in two words....

Mood Swings

I don't know what the problem has been, maybe it is lack of sleep, or irritation with certain doctors I am seeing, or maybe it is that I am feeling really ugly and fat lately (I have ballooned into someone I don't recognize and my face is getting puffy).... I don't really know!  Whatever the reason, the result is the same....  CRAZY PREGNANT LADY MELT DOWNS every single day this past week!  I know it is silly, but I can't help it!  
I have so much to be thankful for, and that it makes it even more frustrating when I start crying and just can't figure out what is wrong other than I am sad....  I know, it makes no sense!  Weird...

Anyway, aside from the CRAZY PREGNANT LADY MOOD SWINGS, this week has been pretty wonderful!  Hudson has upped his moving and his little kicks are even visible from the outside.  Along that same line, Steve was finally able to feel Hudson wiggling around!  YEA!!!!!!  Hudson is about 13 1/2 inches long now and weighs about 1 1/2 lbs!  He is the size of a....Rutabaga!  Whatever that is, I have no clue!  


When I went to the doctor earlier this week, everything seemed to be going well!  I am stable and it looks like Hudson is planning on staying put for the next few weeks (preferable 12-15)!  I found a picture of what a 25 week old baby looks like.  THIS IS NOT HUDSON, but gives you an idea of what he may look like right now!  It is amazing how human and newborn babyish Hudson probably looks right now!!!  Look at those fingers and hands! 


Again, other than the mood swings, here is what is going on with me so far in pregnancy!  So far, I have no stretch marks!  YEA  That makes me very happy!  My belly button is almost level with the rest of my stomach.  I am definitely looking preggers and not fat (well maybe that too, but at least now you can tell there is really a baby in there).  My face looks completely different now.  I can't put my finger on it, but something just looks funny!  I am experiencing leg cramps almost every night, and I am finally noticing some pain where my ligaments in my legs are stretching.  On the plus side, my face isn't breaking out as bad.  My hair is growing so fast and is really thick.  I wish that would last forever!  All in all, the pregnancy has been very manageable and even enjoyable!  Some women hate being pregnant, but I love it!  

I have started another to do list and so far this is what I have!  This weekend we will be updating our baby registry now that we have a better idea of what we are going to need.  We will also be making keys to our house for my parents so when the big day arrives they can get in while we are at the hospital (they will be staying at our house when Hudson is borne).  Some other things that need to be done: 
  • make a what to bring to the hospital list
  • washing all baby bedding and clothing
  • make a who to call list with phone numbers
  • find birth announcement and get them ready minus pictures and baby info
  • get newborn and family portraits scheduled
  • start Christmas Shopping list (it may sound silly, but I won't have much time or energy to do this when the time comes if I don't start planning now)
  • clean all baseboards, windows, carpets...
  • look up recipes for foods that can be made in advance and frozen (for first week or two home with baby)
  • stock up on baby basics:  baby diapers, wipes, lotions, shampoo....
  • get more storage in house (still working on how to do this)
The list goes on!!!  Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment