Sunday, July 17, 2011

26 weeks, projects, and baby baby baby

26 weeks!  We are now down to the double digits!!!  This is what Hudson and I look like right now!!!!

From the front
 And from the side!

Those are not the greatest pictures, but you can tell we are getting bigger!!!  There is no question that I am pregnant now!  I even had my first stranger rub my belly at work this past week.  I'm not sure how I feel about strangers touching my stomach....  It caught me so off guard!!!!  O-well, now I will just have to be more aware and watch for the roaming hands reaching for a belly rub!  

26 weeks has brought all sorts of fun!  I am moody, irritable, excited, happy, crying, uncomfortable and amazed all at the same time.  This past week I have spent hours watching Hudson move and wiggle in my belly!  Steve has even had the pleasure of seeing Hudson move.  It has become something I enjoy and look forward to seeing every day!  I can't believe in 14 weeks I will be holding you in my arms instead of carrying you around in my stomach!  It is crazy to think about.  Hudson is about 2 lbs and 14 inches long.  All the baby websites compare him to an English Cucumber.  haha  Apparently his eye's are no longer fused shut and he can see light and dark.  Also, he can hear more than just me talking.  He can hear other outside sounds, like Steve's voice!!!!!  I guess we really need to watch what we say now!  haha 
 This is how I feel right now!  People I don't know have been coming up to me, wanting to offer all sorts of AWESOME advice and information, most of which is terrifying...  Thanks....

I am starting to realize that I know absolutely nothing about babies...  A good friend of mine recently had a baby and this past week I went to visit her.  Her baby girl is only about 4 weeks old and is still so little.  I held her for just a second and was terrified the entire time!  She was so fragile and helpless... it really freaked me out!  Everyone says it's different when you have your own baby.  Well, I sure hope so.  I want nothing more than to be a great mom and be comfortable holding and taking care of you....  It's a learning experience!  Don't worry Hudson!  We will figure things out together!   It's crazy that no matter how many books you read or people you talk to, you still don't feel prepared enough to be completely responsible for another person's life! 

Steve and I have decided to move forward with our kitchen update!  So, I have been busy picking out cabinets, counter-tops, sinks, faucets, painting...  There is so much work to do just to get ready for the "REAL" work to start!  This weekend my goal was to paint the red wall in our kitchen (where we will soon have cabinets and storage), paint the ceilings, paint doors, touch up walls and baseboards, and spray paint the oven hood.  It was a very productive weekend!  Here are a few pictures of what I got done!

This is the red wall serving no purpose at this time!  That will all change soon!!!!

After priming the first wall, I noticed little air bubbles.  This was 5 minutes into my DIY weekend project.  UGH!

No worries, I let the paint/ primer dry, sanded it down and primed again..  IT WORKED!!!

After two full days of work, I was finally finished!!! The door got primed and painted too along with three other doors, baseboards, a basement wall that was scuffed moving furniture and....

The stove hood got a new coat of paint!  It was white (all our kitchen appliances are black) and now it works!  Not perfect, but not bad either!  I will say it is NOT a good idea to spray paint inside.  The fumes sent us running.  They were so strong... I had no idea it would be that bad!  Needless to say, Steve and I spent the next few hours out of our house.

This is the HUGE mess I made this weekend....  O well, at least this 6 month pregnant lady can still get around!  My fear was if I waited until September I wouldn't be able to do it!  My doctor would kill me if she new I was up on chairs, painting for hours, ...  HUDSON is fine, moving and shaking at this moment! 

After all the work was finished, Steve went down to the basement and found a giant pool of water in the unfinished part of our basement!!!  If it isn't one thing....  Anyway, as it turns out it was just a pipe sweating due to the extreme heat.  We had the air off and windows open while I was working upstairs...  YEA crisis averted. 

Well, it's Sunday.  I enjoy being a dental hygienist, but I am starting to get so tired.  Pregnancy is really starting to take it's toll on me physically and mentally.  September can't get here soon enough.  I am praying that this week is a good one, everything goes right, people are friendly, everyone is safe, happy and healthy! 

It's so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to.  ~Annie Gottlier

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly.  You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.  ~Roald Dahl


If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.  ~Mary Engelbreit
 

Every thought is a seed.  If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.  ~Bill Meyer


No comments:

Post a Comment