Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Confessions of a pregnant lady

Well, today started off funny and slightly embarrassing so I'll start with that!  Hudson will hate me for writing this later, but it is all part of pregnancy, life, and the story of him/me/us.  Maybe someday when he is getting on my nerves (years from now) Ill be able to remind him of all that I went through to have him (ya know, guilt him into being a good little boy).  I had my first sneezing accident this morning.  Luckily I was at home and alone when it happened.  It completely took me off guard.  I was getting ready for work, dressed, and putting my hair in a ponytail when a giant sneeze caused me to... pee!  I stood there in disbelief for what seemed like forever before I started my nervous laughter...  haha  All I can say is thank God I was alone and home at the time!  I will never leave this house without an extra change of clothes with me from this point forward!  Could you imagine having that happen out in public?!?!?  I think I would just die!  I probably just jinxed myself...great. 

Also, along with the above story, I did something completely stupid today!  I don't know what I was thinking!  My phone has so much random stuff on it, so I thought I would clean it up!  Without a second thought, I erased everything on my phone and started it over.  Not really sure what was going through my pregnant brain but it never crossed my mind that ALL my contacts would be lost along with notes, important text messages, and my calendar....  I can be such an idiot sometimes!  O and did I mention all my pictures and videos....GONE!  That means pictures from vacation, finding out the sex of our baby, baby's nursery, my baby bump photos, family photos... they are all gone!  Girrrr 

As far as Wednesdays go, this has been a very low stress one!  Usually I have some kind of doctor's appointment in the afternoon, but not today!  It was so nice!  I wish I could say I got a lot done, but I didn't!

A week from today is the dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test...  I am starting to stress out about it.  It just seems like it is inevitable that I will be diagnosed with gestational diabetes!  I have been eating like crazy, and not healthy food... CANDY, ICE CREAM, FRUIT (healthy but all sugar)....  ugh  It feels like in the past week my apatite has quadrupled and so has my weight/size.  Speaking of food....

This weekend is our first baby shower!  It is going to be so nice to see everyone!  I'm so excited!  Hopefully the weather will be nice and it won't be too hot! Because it has been so hot outside and I have been working over the summer, I am completely pale!  I am thinking of getting a spray tan so when we take pictures this weekend I don't look like the living dead!  Hope it doesn't turn out orange.  I'm not sure what will be worse, being a ghost or looking like a blond pineapple!  Well that's all for now!  Only a few more days until we are no longer 2nd trimesterers....

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute!!! You should carry around a jar of pickles! :-) My mom said she did that with all of us towards the end in case her water broke and would just drop the jar of pickles so that mess would distract :-) could work for sneezing incidents too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry too much about the glucose test, it really isn't bad, the stuff you drink tastes like a orange soda only slightly more sugary. But make sure Steve or someone is close by so that towards the end of the hour when you begin to crash (from the sugar let down) you can go somewhere to get something to eat. But rest afterwards. Those are my only words of wisdom. OHHH yah and DON'T let the lab lady draw you early!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

    ReplyDelete