Friday, July 29, 2011

Third Trimester Here We Come!

We made it...to the third trimester that is!  28 weeks we are finally here!

Hudson, if you were born today, your chances of survival would be pretty good!  Obviously we don't want you joining us any time in the near future, but it's nice to know that if that situation occurred, things could still turn out well! You are about 16 inches long and 2 1/3 lbs.  Your eyes are fully developed and can open and close!  You have been moving a lot lately!  It is really fun to sit and watch you toss and turn.  I bet it is getting cramped in there!  You also like playing tricks on your daddy!  You move and kick really hard frequently, but as soon as your daddy comes close to see, you stop!  It never fails!  He can be sitting right next to me while you are tossing and turning and as soon as he looks over or puts his hand on my belly to feel you, you go into hiding!!!!   haha  I love that your little movements are something special for you and me!  In just a few short weeks you will be here with us, and while I am very excited about that, it brings a tear to my eye that I will no longer feel you moving around in my belly....  Time is just going by so fast! 


This past week has gone pretty well!  Thursday however took an interesting turn.  I had been unusually tired this week (among some other things I won't go into) but didn't think much of it.  Yesterday I woke up feeling "off", but shook it off and went into work.  Well, minutes before my first patient arrived, I started feeling extremely dizzy.  I thought, maybe I was dehydrated, so I drank a few cups of water and went on with my day.  As the morning went on I felt worse and worse.  So, I called my doctor just to see what I could do to fix the problem.  My doctor wanted me to come in to see if I had high blood pressure or something serious was going on.  So, I had to leave work early and get checked out.  From my doctor's appointment they sent me over to Labor and Delivery triage where I was admitted.   The nurses there hooked me up to an IV and did blood work (along with other tests).  By the way, that was the biggest needle I have ever seen!  It hurt really bad too...  I can't even imagine what getting an epidural is going to be like....  That needle is about a million times bigger and will be going into my spine, not my arm.  O JOY!  Luckily the nurses were all really nice and good at what they do. 


About 5 hours later I was released and told that I have vertigo (whatever that is??), am dehydrated, and my electrolytes are off balance.  All in all, it was good news.  HUDSON IS FINE!  I just need to regulate water/electrolyte intake.  Thank God!  My doctor told me to take it easy, take off work Friday (my doctor even wrote me a doctors excuse... who knew they did that even after you were out of school????), drink plenty of water, get a lot of rest, and come back Wednesday of next week for a followup appointment and more tests. After 2 IV bag drips, 64 oz of Gatorade (that's an entire Family Size container) , 50oz of water, and hours upon hours of sleep, I'm starting to feel better. 


Here is my picture of 28 weeks!  haha  It's from the hospital yesterday...don't want to forget all the fun we had during this pregnancy! 


Only about 12 more weeks until our little bundle of joy is here with us!!!!!  We can't wait! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment