Thursday, May 12, 2011

What's up Doc????

When you are pregnant, you are at the doctor's office ALL THE TIME!  Seriously!  I never realized how often pregnant women had to go in to get poked and prodded. I LOVE my doctor, so that helps, but still!  As of now, I am going to the doctor every 3-4 weeks.  As this pregnancy progresses, I have herd that you go even more often (ever other week or every week).  I guess it's good that they monitor everything so closely. 

Yesterday, was another doctors appointment.  It was the usual check your weight (which I have not known for months), pee in a cup, take your blood pressure.... Everything looked A-O-K! My blood pressure has actually gone down since I became pregnant.  It went from 120/60 to 108/60.   So, yea!  That's always good!  Yesterday, the doctor used a doppler for the first time on my belly!  It was really nice being able to hear my baby's heart beating!  She said that baby's heart rate was in the 150's!  You can't ask for anything better than that!  Then the doctor told me it was that time... time to get blood work done again!  Dun dun dunnnnn  Luckily it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They lady who did it was super nice and quick!  Thank God!  All in all, mommy and baby are doing great!  Both seem to be very healthy!  :)  GREAT NEWS!

Tomorrow, we go back in to confirm the baby's gender....  I just hope baby is more cooperative this time around!  I have a Mountain Dew chilling in the fridge and some chocolate on hand so baby will be awake and moving!  I don't usually drink soda or any caffeine, but I have been told by many people that this is really helpful when you need baby to move and wiggle!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment