Friday, May 20, 2011

18 weeks today!

Hudson,
Today you weigh about 1/2lb and are the size of a mango!  Along with getting bigger, you now have neurons forming all over your little body!  That may be why, in ultrasounds, you are a little wiggle worm!    Also, the soft cartilage that made up your skeletal system is starting to turn into bone.  I still have not felt much movement, but am sooo looking forward to feeling you kick and move ALL THE TIME!  According to all the baby books, you now have the ability to yawn.  How cute is that!?!?  In just a few short days I get to see you via ultrasound again!  This will probably be the last time I get to see you for a long time.  So, I'm going to take it all in and enjoy every second.

It his so hard to believe we are already almost to the half way point of this pregnancy!  People are starting to notice my little baby bump.  I have noticed it for weeks, but now other people can see it!  I have been feeling "larger" for some time now, but would be told constantly that I still didn't look pregnant....  All I wanted to say was "REALLY? REALLY?  You honestly think this is what I looked like 5 months ago? "  Maybe it's all in my head, but I feel like a big fat whale (and have for weeks).  My regular clothes (tops and bottoms) no longer fit at all.  I am now only wearing maternity tops and pants, but dresses are my best friend! 

Something else I am starting to notice is my face... It is starting to look fuller...  Again, this may just be all in my head, but I don't think so.  Steve and I went out to dinner to celebrate my graduation from dental hygiene school a week ago and we had a picture taken.  I was shocked when I saw it!  Surely that can't be MY face!  So now, along with breaking out, I have chipmunk cheeks.  And don't even get me started on my nose! Hopefully after you arrive, everything will go back to normal. 

All in all, this has been such an easy pregnancy (knock on wood)!  I LOVE being pregnant.  I only vaguely remember back a few months when I was "sick".  That seems so long ago now!  At 5 months pregnant, life is good!  We have so much going on! Steve and I are going on vacation here in the near future and I start my new job as a dental hygienist soon!  God is good!

Here is my to-do list for the next week:
  • Order the super cute drapes that match the crib bedding
  • Pick out a paint color for the walls in the nursery
  • Look for a desk lamp/night light
  • Continue reading the baby book Hudson's pediatrician gave me
  • Clean the basement really really well in hopes that our furniture will be here soon
  • Run some last minute errands before vacation
  • Clean out our closet/disaster area
  • Do a million loads of laundry
  • Pack

2 comments:

  1. I think Hudson and I need a picture of your growing belly!!! Also I can completely relate to feeling like a whale. I have felt that way since 10 weeks!!! I just have to keep telling myself that all the physical changes are completely worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I have a smile on my face and many memories stirring as a result of this post. You're creating a treasure for Hudson and even for other mothers who might not see all the wonders of pregnancy. Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete