Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Anatomy Scan and Doctor's Appointment

Last night, I went to bed relaxed, feeling good, and excited about getting to see baby Hudson the next morning!  When I woke up this morning, I felt jittery, anxious, uncomfortable (not in pain, but just uncomfortable), fat, ugly (I am breaking out more now that I ever have) and sure something was going to be wrong with my sweet little baby.  I haven't felt Hudson move for about two weeks and my mind was just going through all the possible reasons why.  Of course, every scenario I came up with was horrible.  Steve got the brunt of my frustration.  I mean he couldn't breath without me getting irritated and crying.  It was just the weirdest feeling.  I knew it was ridiculous and I wasn't really upset about any one thing, but could NOT control myself at all. 

When we arrived in the parking lot of the doctors office, I broke down and just started bawling.  Everyone walking past us just stared or uncomfortably looked away while whispering something to whoever they were with.  They were probably saying "I'm glad I'm not the guy with that pregnant crazy lady".  Whatever!  When we finally made our way up to the waiting room Steve had to check us in while I sat down.  I was still whimpering and tears were still streaming down my face.  Why, God only knows.  It was so embarrassing. 

We didn't have to wait long before the Ultrasound Tech called us back.  As soon as she called my name,the tears just stopped. It was a miracle!  I laid down on the table and Steve sat in a chair next to me.  It was amazing!  Hudson was even bigger and more developed than the last time we saw him.  The Ultrasound Tech was able to show us his stomach, kidneys, all four chambers of his heart, his ears, spine, his arm and leg bones, brain, bladder, and all the tiny little bones in his hands!  O and yes, it was confirmed AGAIN that we are in fact having a little boy!  This was probably the coolest thing I have ever seen!  We found out Hudson weighs about 9oz and according to the tech is about the size of a Wendy's double cheese burger with everything on it.  haha I don't eat much fast food, but Steve laughed so he must know...  Hudson's heart rate was 167 and he was snoozing!  That just goes to show you that all the old wives tails are just that.  He is in the 22 percentile which is smack dab in the middle!  The doctor said that the average was between 20-24!  What a relief!  Also, Hudson is measuring about a week ahead of schedule.  It is too early to change my due date though.  Baby is not only alive, but is thriving!  Hallelujah!


This is baby's spine.  He is kina curled up on his belly.


You can see Hudson's stomach, bladder, and heart!


It's definitely a Hudson!  


Hudson is on his tummy with his little bottom up in the air!  haha


Here, you can see Hudson's little arm up by his head.  He is on his side in this one!

After the ultrasound, I had a doctors appointment.  I couldn't meet with my regular doctor though, because another one of her patients was in labor, so she had to go deliver the baby.  I met with the practice's nurse practitioner.  She was lovely.  According her, all of Hudson's measurements look GREAT and I am healthy as well.  I was concerned that I might be gaining too much weight, but she told me I am perfectly healthy and on track.  I have no clue what I weigh (don't want to know the number) I just want to make sure I'm staying within the normal range.  All is well!  Steve was a trooper through the whole 2 hour ordeal!  I am so lucky to have him. 

Later, I ran to Meijer to pick up some thing for our trip and for a dessert I'm making for tomorrow night.  While there, I herd my name being called loudly over the loudspeaker.  Surely they don't mean me.... O but they did!  As it turns out, I had put all of Hudson's ultrasound pictures in a pocket on the outside of my purse, and evidently they fell out while I was wandering around the store.  Thankfully someone found them and tuned them in!  When the store manager handed me the pictures, I felt like I had just won the lottery!  Wooo  I didn't loose my baby!  hehe 

All in all, it turned out to be a good day with a WONDERFUL report on Hudson!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment