Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The eye's have it!

I promise this eventually relates back to pregnancy...

Today I had an eye doctor appointment.  It is so cool all the different machines they use.  They have a machine now that is like getting an MRI for your eye and they are now able to take a digital picture of the pack of your eye! There is only one test that I really hate with a passion.  I hate the machine that blows air in your eye!  WHY they haven't been able to figure out another way to do this test, I have no clue!  Anyway, because I am pregnant, I didn't have to get my eyes dilated with those eye drops!!!!  I'm not going to lie, pregnancy does have some perks!   On the down side, my eyes have been bugging me for a few months when I have contacts in.  The doctor wanted to "flip my eyelid inside out" and take a look.  Lets just say, that didn't go over well at all!  I protested, got teary eyed and almost ran out of the room (I have no clue how I'm going to deal with childbirth...).  Luckily, my doctor was super nice and said we could try it another way.  He took a look and the diagnosis wasn't soooo bad.  As it turns out I have something called Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis.  In other words, I am apparently allergic to the proteins that build up on my contacts over time.  It causes tiny bumps on the inside of my eyelid that irritates my eye....  Anyway the treatment is steroid drops.  This would not be an issue, but because I am pregnant, it isn't really an option.  Boooo  O-well.  Now I am using the disposable contacts that you throw away at the end of each day.  Hopefully that helps.  If not, I'm going to be wearing my glasses for the next few months...

So, to sum it up:  Pregnancy GOOD = no dilating eye drops, Pregnancy BAD = no steroid drops to treat allergic reaction in my eye.

You may read this later and think I am a horrible person or mother ( I really hope not).  Overall, I have found that pregnancy has some great perks. You can (not saying I do) get out of almost anything you don't want to do with the excuse "Oooo I can't, PREGNANT" or " I don't think it is safe for me to do___" or "The baby doesn't like ___".  It is amazing!  The whole world seems to give you a break because you are pregnant.  With that being said, pregnant women deserve/need some breaks, after all, we are growing an entire human.  That takes a lot of energy!

 I thought this was funny!  O the mood-swings....

Overall this has been a good day!  I LOVE being pregnant (Now)!  I can't wait to see my sweet little baby!  I get to take another peek this Friday!!!!  Hope we can get a 100% definite gender determination!

1 comment: