Sunday, May 22, 2011

Finding a church

Steve and I have been looking for a church on and off for the past two years.  We are both Christians, but came from different backgrounds.  I was raised in fairly small a Baptist church until I was about ten and was baptized as a baptist.  From then on, I attended a Methodist church with my family.  Until this day, that is still my family's church.  Steve on the other hand grew up in a large modern nondenominational church.  We had the same belief foundation, but that was pretty much it.  So, once we got married we wanted to find a church where we both felt comfortable.  Its easier said than done.  We visited numerous churches over the past two years, but we could never agree on a church.  Steve wanted large and contemporary and I wanted small and more traditional.  Well, all that changed about 2 months ago.  I was invited to go to a Christian Women's conference by a friend of mine and ended up really enjoying it and everyone there. Steve and I began attending the Sunday morning service regularly and even started going to life group meetings.  Everyone at this church is so welcoming and kind.  The sermons are completely based on Scripture  and very thought provoking.  Every time the Pastor gives  the message, I feel like it was meant for me, like God wanted me to hear that particular lesson at that moment.  This is the first time in a long time that we both feel that this is exactly where we are supposed to be!  We have met some wonderful people and look forward to getting to know everyone better.  It will be so nice to have a group of people, at the same life stage we are in, to be able to go through life's ups and downs with.  What's even better, is that Hudson will have a church home, a foundation!  When Steve and I found out we were expecting (not that we weren't before) we made it a top priority to find a church to call home.  It's a God thing! We look forward to seeing what God has in store for us. 

We have so much to be thankful for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment