Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Checking things off the list....

Find a pediatrician.  That was one of my top priorities on my to-do list.  Over the past few days, I have been to a maternity fair where I got to meet with some local pediatricians and have been contacting friends who have children, trying to figure out  who some good doctors are.  Well, the response was unanimous.  Everyone I talked to suggested using Commonwealth Pediatrics.  It's funny, because I met two of the doctors from that practice there at the maternity fair.  They were both so nice.


Today, I had a meeting with one of the doctors at the practice.  They are located in a local hospital and are very convenient.   When I walked in the office, I was cheerfully welcomed by the office staff and had little to no wait before being called back by a nurse (who was also very friendly).  The doctor I met with today was so nice and very informative.  I went in with a bunch of questions about what to expect at the hospital after Hudson is born, vaccinations, how to take care of him, feedings, SIDS, circumcision, development, well baby visits and fees....  I didn't feel rushed at all.  He was easy to talk to and was very interested in Steve and I and our "new family".  After the meeting, I left feeling reassured and confident in my decision.  This is where we belong.  These doctors are who I want looking after the well-being of my baby!!!  They just put my mind at ease.

It is such a relief to have found a pediatrician for Hudson!  The to-do list is slowly starting to shrink, which makes this soon to be mama very happy! 

In other news, I went ahead an ordered the glider for the nursery.


It is the Quinn swivel gilder from Storytime by Best Chairs.  This is obviously not the fabric we ordered it in, but that is the chair.  We got it in a really soft, "high performance" fabric that is easy to clean.  It is so comfortable!  I can't wait for it to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment