Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All things baby!

I always knew there were a lot of cute baby things out there, but I had no idea the extent of baby gear that is available!!!  Entire stores and websites are completely devoted to everything from baby clothes to diapers to baby furniture!  It is just AMAZING!  Last weekend I went shopping with my mom and mother-in-law and they were both so surprised at how much "stuff" is out there! 

While it is so nice to have options, it makes it difficult to decide on nursery themes, types of diapers to use, and even strollers....  

Bedding I like:


 Baby Gear:
This is the Fisher Price Little Lamb Swing.  It is so cute and has great reviews!  Grandma & Grandpa Farmer purchased this for baby Farmer.  I just know it will be a lifesaver!  

This is the Cortina stroller by Chicco!  It is awesome!  It comes with an infant carrier and care seat with a base!  I think it will be really nice being able to movie baby from the stroller to the car without having to wake the baby up!  It also folds up really easy.  This was a graduation gift to me from my parents (Grandma and Grandpa Smith). 

I think this is the coolest thing ever!!!  It is not only a playpen, but it is also a changing table and bassinet.  We are planning on using this instead of getting a separate bassinet for the first few weeks!  This also folds up really small and seems like it would be easy to fit in our car.  I can't wait to get one of these puppies!  



This lovely contraption is called a mamaroo.  I have never seen anything like it!  From what I have been told, this would work in place of a baby swing.  It is supposed to mimic different soothing movements.  For example there are settings for car ride and ocean wave.  The mamaroo also plays sounds that babies find comforting.  It also has a place to plug in an mp3 player or i pod.  The down side is that it is pretty expensive.  I don't know if we will be getting one of these, but it sure is interesting. 

Furniture:






I found these on Etsy.com and fell in LOVE!!!









As you can tell, I am having so much fun getting everything ready for baby! 


While I was browsing through tonz of baby websites, I came across the website:  makemebabies.com It took a picture of Steve
+

And I picture of ME
=
and come up with a picture of what our baby would look like using our two pictures.............
Ahhhhhh  Well, I guess in a few months we will see if BABY looks like this....

1 comment:

  1. Omg I totally agree that all this baby stuff is overwhelming! Adam and I went and registered last night and I wanted to cry there were so many choices! A friend gave me the book baby bargains that gives you ratings on different brands ands stuff. Lifesaver!!!! We also registered for the lamb swing!!!! Such an exciting time but also overwhelming!!

    ReplyDelete