Saturday, May 21, 2011

Random Rambelings

Hudson is one lucky baby!  The other day I was able to get together with some of my friends from Dental Hygiene school.  We went to the Ginko Tree Cafe at the Henry Clay Estate.  It was not only beautiful out there, but the food was soo good!  I miss all the girls so much!  Anyway, Hudson got some awesome goodies!  I feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends (There are no pictures partially due to the fact that I had a sunless tanner disaster).



Hudson got his very first monogrammed item!  I think that might be the most adorable blanket ever!  He also got some baby hangers, nail clippers that have a magnifier attached, some safety baby spoons, a toy, and a bath rinse cup!  



I have been ready baby books like crazy lately.  It's like I just can't get enough information.  Steve and I watched a video the other night about taking care of a newborn and realized how clueless we are!  So, I am reading every pregnancy/baby book I can get my hands on.  One of my sweet friends is letting me borrow Baby Wise (which I heard was a must read), The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, and Hot mama!  I can't wait!  Below are the books I have already read.  The funniest and most brutally honest books I have read so far is Belly Laughs and The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy.  Hudson's pediatrician gave us the book Your Baby's First Year.  It is a pretty easy read and very informative. 


In other news, the drapes are ordered!  I was so excited to find the drapes for significantly less than what the manufacture is selling them for.  They are so cute!  The drape panels are made of the plaid fabric and the valance that goes across the top of the window is made of the blue and white striped fabric.  The fabric in the middle is only used for the fitted sheet.  Everything should be ready to be picked up in about 4-6 weeks!  They nice lady at the store let me borrow the fabric swatches so I could pick out the paint color for Hudson's walls.


Picking paint colors is much more tricky than I thought it would be.  I want to go with blue, but there are literally millions on shades of blue to choose from.  So now I have about 50 different paint color samples and am more confused than ever!  After much consideration I have it narrowed down to three. 


I am leaning toward the middle one....

Our little neighbor girls are so excited about Hudson!  Every time I see them, they ask when he will be here and every time I say October they start screaming with excitement.  They have even asked if they can babysit him.  They are the sweetest girls!  There are 5 of them and they roam up and down the street playing and laughing.  Earlier today, the doorbell rang and it was one of the older girls (about 7).  She just wanted to know if I needed any help with anything around the house.  She was board and wanted to hang out.  haha  The other day, when we thought Milo (one of our cats) had gotten outside, they searched up and down the street for him.  They even colored about 50 signs with a picture of a cat and "LOST CAT" written across the top.  God love them! 

BABY SHOWER
One of the ladies from Dental Hygiene School is having a baby shower this weekend.  She is almost to the finish line!  I am so happy for her!  Anyway, today I made my way over to Macy's to pick up a gift and fell in love with all the super cute baby clothes!!!!  I could have spent hours in there.  While browsing for my friends little girl, I found some adorable things for Hudson!  hehe  When we first found out we were pregnant, I told myself I would not spend any money on baby clothes until after all the showers....  BUT I just had to have it!  It is navy and brown and says I LOVE MOMMY!  Doesn't it just look perfect for Fall?!?!  I was thinking this could be a cute hospital or take home outfit (especially with the little zip up hoodie). 

No comments:

Post a Comment