Monday, May 9, 2011

We are expecting!

To my precious baby,

Ever since we found out about you, I have wanted to write this letter.  Now, I finally feel that I have some idea of what I want to say to you.  Your daddy and I are both so excited that God has chosen us to be your parents.  There is truly no greater gift.  We vow to be the best parents we can, and raise you in a loving happy home.

We found out about you on Tuesday February 8, 2011.  I had gotten home after a long day in class and was feeling “off”.  I can’t really describe it any other way.  I was tired and just felt funny.  So, I didn’t think much about it but decided to take a pregnancy test just in case, even though I was sure there was no way I could be pregnant.  Well, to my surprise, a very faint pink line showed up…  I grabbed my keys and drove as fast as I could to the grocery store down the street to purchase a digital pregnancy test.  I ended up taking three more pregnancy tests and all three came back “pregnant” or +!!!!  I started crying immediately!  Gathering my thoughts I called your daddy and very nonchalantly asked him if he wanted to meet me for dinner at PF Chang’s (my favorite Chinese restaurant).  He agreed.

We met at the restaurant around 6:00pm when your daddy got off work.  Your daddy asked me if everything was OK, I guess I’m not good at hiding my emotions.  I said everything was fine I just had a lot on my mind and left it at that.  Once we were seated at our table (a little booth in the back) and had our water I looked up at your dad and tears started streaming down my face.  Steve just looked at me like what’s going on?!?!  I smiled through the tears and told him that we were expecting you.  We sat in silence for what seemed like eternity, but were probably only a few seconds. Your dad went from an expression of blank staring shock to total excitement and joy!  He asked me if I was serious and I said YES! 

Over the next few weeks a total of 16 pregnancy tests were taken and of course all of them confirmed what we already knew!  I just loved seeing the words “pregnant” come on the screen.  Now I am just over 16 weeks pregnant with you.  Your daddy and I have been lucky, because we have been able to see you many times already via ultrasound.  We have gotten to hear the beautiful galloping sound of your heart beating.  The first time we heard it, it was 118 bpm and just this past Friday, it was 154 bpm.  We have been able to see both your little hands and count five perfect fingers on each.  I think you are the most beautiful baby that God ever made! 

It is the strangest thing, to be able to love someone so much that you have never even met.  You are with me all the time, every second of every day and yet we are strangers.  I am looking forward to and counting down the days until I can finally hold you in my arms.  You are the most precious gift and I love you very much my precious baby.

Your daddy and I want you to know that we will do everything in our power to:  shower you with love every second of every day, help you grow into a self-confident person, teach you right from wrong, instill good morals and values in you, teach you about God and his unending unconditional love for you, show you compassion, and help you grow into the wonderful person we know you are! 

I love you more than life itself and can’t wait to spend the rest of my life loving you. Thank you God!




The above pictures are from your very first ultrasound 3-3-2011.  Your daddy and I both went together and got to not only see you for the first time, but we also got to hear your beautiful heart beating!



This is what you look like now!  This past Friday, both sets of your grandparents, your aunt Jessica, your daddy, and I went to an imaging center to find out if you were a little boy or a little girl.  Everyone was so excited to see you wiggling around!  The sonographer is about 99% sure you are a boy, but we couldn’t get a good picture of “that area” because you were sitting Indian style and refused to move!  I go back this Friday to confirm.  Hopefully you will be in a different position so we can get a good look! 

 
Here you are waving to your adoring family!  Just look at those perfect little fingers!  How can anyone deny God’s existence after seeing something so amazing???



You don’t know this about me yet, but I am a BIG planner!  I have already started working on your nursery and preparing for your arrival in just a few short months!  This room (your nursery) was our guest room, but shortly after we found out about you, your daddy and I started moving furniture and getting things ready for you.  So far, we have installed a ceiling fan and put new blinds on your windows!  So much more still needs to be done! 



This is all your gear so far.  Your Grandma and Grandpa Smith bought you the best stroller, diapers and some really cute baby clothes.  Your Grandma and Grandpa Farmer purchased you’re your Fisher Price Little Lamb swing (not pictured above) and some swaddling blankets.  I hope you always know just how much your family loves and cares for you!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to share our pregnancy details through our blogs! So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete