Sunday, February 2, 2014

BIG BOY BED

Well, it's Super Bowl Sunday and I'm writing.... what does that tell you about the game!?!?!  It's horrible and sad, mostly because the team I want to win hasn't even scored and it's well into the second half.  O-well.  We had a pretty exciting/milestone day today.

Today, Steve and I put together (bought, assembled, washed....) Hudson's BIG BOY BED!  I am dying a little inside!  How can my "baby" be old enough for a big bed?  Even though we have bed rails, I'm completely terrified that Hud is going to wiggle and roll right out of bed.  It is a really tall bed too, so I have a feeling that I won't get much sleep tonight.  I'll be watching him on his little monitor and/or sleeping outside his door.  O heck, I might just crawl into that massive bed with him (not really...).   Anyway, Hudson slept in it really well during his nap.  He was not too thrilled at first and really put up a fight, but passed out quickly and slept like a champ.  He has some pillows, and I let him use them during his nap, but I started thinking that maybe that wasn't safe????  When is it ok to let a child sleep with a pillow?  It made me really nervous.  Hudson did fine with it, but I just kept having these horrible thoughts about him suffocating himself in his sleep.... I don't think as a mom you ever stop worrying.  Tonight he doesn't have any pillows. I took them all off his bed and laid them on the floor around his bed so if he falls out he will land on pillows.  haha

As I type I'm watching Hud on the monitor and he is NOT sleeping.  At first it looked like he was going to, but now he's talking and rolling around.  hummmmmm.....  on the plus side of having a bed that is high off the ground, Hud can't figure out how to get down/doesn't want to by himself.

That's it.  My excitement for the weekend.  My little boy is growing up and no matter what I do, I can't make time stop.  Hudson is the sweetest little boy and I am so thankful and blessed that I get to be his mommy.

Ok, I'm going to go re-tuck the little stinker in.  He has managed to wiggle and roll to the end of his bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment