Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hold My Hand

You will hold my hand for just a little while, but you will hold my heart forever....

There are a few things that happened recently that I never ever want to forget.

The other night, while hud was sleeping in our room, I went to put him to bed and was holding his hand in the dark.  Well, I went to get up and pulled my hand away and his little body jerked.  His eyes opened, and his hands went desperately searching for my hand to hold.  So, I held his hand as he drifted off to sleep.  This happened a few times before I decided it was best to just let him keep my hand until I was absolutely 100% positive he was sound asleep!  It was the most precious moment ever.    I never want to forget holding his little hand in the dark.  He needed me.  It was beautiful.

A few days ago we were cuddling on the couch (me and hud) watching Mickey Mouse or Chuggington....  The buzzer went off for the oven so I went to get up.  As soon as I started to rise, Hud's little arm shot out and he grabbed my shirt holding me back saying "No, don't go Mommy!  Stay here!".  It was the most amazing thing to hear.  I love that little boy so much!  Dinner could probably stand to cook a little longer right......  :)  How on earth do you end a perfect moment that you want to last forever?

I love laying in bed before falling asleep and feeling Alexis move and kick against me.  I feel such a sense of completion.  I love dreaming about who she is and what she will be like as she grows.  I love dreaming of her future and the amazingly wonderful person she will be.  I love putting my hand on my stomach and feeling the strong powerful movements, knowing she is safe.  It is something I feel so honored to be able to feel.  It is something special only my children and I will ever share.  No one else on earth can feel my babies move, hiccup, kick.... before they are born.  I get the privilege to feel them first.  Love them first and more than anyone else.

I love my children more than I could ever possibly express.  Hudson, you have brought so much joy to my life in the past two years.  You are everything good about life wrapped up into this little package that constantly keeps us on our toes.  Your daddy and I thought we knew what love was, until you came into our lives and introduced us to this NEW and unfathomable love.  Alexis, you are such a blessing and even before your arrival my love for you is so strong.  I would do anything for you.  I would give up all I have to keep you safe.  I can't wait to meet you my little girl.

Steve and I are so BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE to have two beautifully and lovingly created children.  God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment