Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Preschool....completely unprepared!!!

We will just call this what it is.... A BIG FAT PARENTING FAIL!

Steve and I have been talking for a long time now about putting Hudson into preschool (2 days a week) this coming fall.    We have rationalized it, by saying he needs to be around kids his own age more and learn some social skills (following directions, having a set schedule, participating in group activities, playing with others....).  His birthday is October 7, but the cut off for most preschools is October 1st.  So, Hud will be in the two year old level when he is three.... I'm actually fine with that.  So many people I've talked to said that giving boys that extra year to mature is a good thing.

Anyway, here is my logic.  School Starts in the Fall, so registration would/should be around May/June/July.  It's preschool for heaven sake.  Well this past weekend I was talking to a friend and she mentioned that they already received their acceptance letter into the preschool I had been wanting to send Hudson!  Ugh!  I started to panic.  WHEN DID REGISTRATION START????  When I got home I got on-line to download the application/registration form only to find out that the deadline was January 29th!  ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?  We are 7 months away from the first day of PRE-SCHOOL, and registration is closed!!!!!!

It looks like Hud won't start preschool now until next year (he will be almost 4 and in the 3 year old class).....  You can bet I'll be stalking the preschool website starting in Mid November so I will be ready when registration begins.  I WILL NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN!

I mean seriously, who on earth knew you had to register so early?  Not this mama!  First Time Mom FAIL!

It's all good though, because now I will have the pleasure of having my sweet boy home with me all day every day for another year!  ;)  I'm in no rush for him to grow up anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment