Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Review: Baby Shower #3, cookout, and cleaning!

This past weekend, two of my best friends (Christie and Sarah) threw Hudson a baby shower!  It was held at Christie's Parent's home and was absolutely perfect!  A few of my sorority sisters from way back were there along with some girls I went to Dental Hygiene school with.  I think there were a total of about 10 people.


This is a picture of the amazing cake Christie made for Hudson's shower!  She is so artistic!  There is even a little wooden train around the base of the cake!  How cute is that!?!?


This was the food/snack table.  I was impressed with this, but it was shortly overshadowed by the full meal that was prepared later on!  Everything was amazing!


My sweet friends and Mr. and Mrs. Bransom hosted such a lovely shower.  They even prepared a full sit down lunch:  grilled pork (to die for), warm bread, hashbrown casserole, and a yummy strawberry almond salad!  I was blown away by how good everything was!


This is a picture of Christie's parents.  The shower was held at their beautiful home!  Also in the picture is my sweet friend Mindy's baby!  He was/is so adorable!  Seeing her little guy made me so excited for Hudson to get here!


This is Charissa, another good friend from Dental Hygiene school and her daughter Kennedy!  She was a little shy at first, but soon became the life of the party!  She said a prayer before we ate, showed off her awesome counting skills, and even helped open all the gifts!  What a sweet little girl!  LOVE HER and her wonderful mommy!


More girls I met while in school for Dental Hygiene.  Courtney and Amy!  I was so glad to see them!  It has been way too long!


These are my AOII sorority sisters that I met a little over 7 years ago!  It is crazy that our freshmen year of college was that long ago already!  Christie B. is on the far left, Ann-Michelle, Sarah, and Christi M. is on the right!  I love these girls! 


After two cute shower games and opening so many wonderful and much needed gifts we took a group picture!  I finally have one with Mindy and Britney in it!  haha 

I am so thankful for all of these beautiful ladies who came out to celebrate Hudson!  They are all such wonderful people and I am so blessed to have all of them in my life!  Thank you so much for spending the afternoon with me and helping to make Hudson's shower so special!  I can't wait for him to get here so I can introduce him to everyone! 

After the fabulous shower, and a long nap, Steve and I went to a cookout for our Sunday School Class at church!  It was so nice!  I believe there were about 20 adults and a little over 20 children in attendance!  There are also a few ladies there who are expecting (via birth or adoption) babies right around the same time Hudson is due!  He is going to have so many little friends!  We had such a nice time chatting and getting to know people better!  Everyone was/is so friendly!  Steve and I feel so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful group of people!  

Sunday, we went to church and spent the remainder of the day cleaning out and organizing the garage.  I can't say I was a lot of help, but I did as much as I could!  It looks  so much better after having everything and I mean everything hauled out, swept, throwing stuff away, and hanging/organizing everything!  YEA! 


A work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment