Thursday, September 15, 2011

Up ALL Night

Well, it's another one of those nights....  I woke up at 2:45m and have been unable to fall back asleep!!!  Now, it is 4:15am and I have gotten on facebook, eaten a bowl of cereal, and am currently watching I didn't know I was pregnant on TV.  I still don't understand how you could go almost an entire pregnancy (nine almost ten months) and NOT know you were pregnant, but that is an entirely separate issue. 

Steve and I attended a baby care class called Baby Steps last night.  It was a 3 1/2 hour class and covered so much!  We even got to practice on those little baby dolls!  I am not going to lie, Steve totally impressed me.  He was more "into" the class than I thought he would be!  He also seemed to know a lot more about caring for babies than I gave him credit for!  haha He held, swaddled, burped, and changed the baby doll like a pro!  He may need to teach me a thing or two....  NOT!  But for real, he was great!  At least I know that Hudson will be in good hands when he is left alone with his daddy!  All in all, the class was very informative and I would recommend it to anyone expecting their first baby!  A local pediatrician even came in to talk to us about how guidelines regarding caring for a baby has changed over the past 20-30 years.  He told us that while older moms, family members, and grandma's may have the best intention when giving advice and suggestions, some of the things that were completely acceptable to do to babies back then are no longer considered safe and to be sure to know what the current standard of care is.  At the end of the class we left with a lot of goodies and samples as well as some self confidence about raising our sweet baby!

Later today I have a doctor's appointment.  I am 34 weeks 7 days.  I hope all goes well and I am given the OK to travel this weekend.

Please continue to pray for my Grandma and for a successful surgery later this afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment