Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FALL DAYS

I am loving this Fall weather we have been having lately!  It is so nice!  I have never been a fan of extreme heat!  It is crazy how just last week we were having record Highs and this week we are having record Lows!  The local news says that the weather we are having here today (and this week) is what we usually have around November 1st!  It is such a nice change of pace from the 90+ degree weather we have had recently!  Fall is my favorite season!  We are entering my favorite time of year... FALL/WINTER! 

I love Fall because of the cool weather, leaves falling, Halloween, pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, apples with carmel dip, Thanksgiving, yummy food, family time, football (yes, even I enjoy a little football every now and then), long walks, leaves changing colors, t-shirts and jeans, being outdoors, apple cider, Fall TV shows are back....

I LOVE Winter because of Christmas, snow, Christmas movies, good food, spending time with family, cookies, hot chocolate, getting together with friends, everyone is happy and in a good mood, giving, people are more willing to help out others, children, magic, big fat snowflakes, Chex Mix, Christmas music, Church, candles, flannel pj's and sheets, fires, baking, decorations, lights, seeing my breath in the cold air, scarves and hats, boots, sweaters, candy canes, peppermint, Time, Crawling into a chilly bed and pulling up all the covers, wearing socks to bed, hope, anticipation about what the future holds, goals, resolutions, celebrations, remembering times and people from your past, reflection...

On this cool rainy day I had a dentist appointment, worked on some house stuff, got caught up on some reading, worked on thank you notes (still not done), made a pizza for dinner, and baked brownies!  I couldn't imagine a better way to spend such a day!  This is the type of day that just begs you to remove all makeup, put on comfortable pj's, take out contact lenses and put on those glasses and crawl back in bed, sleep in a little longer, take an afternoon nap, make hot tea, read a good book, watch a movie, listen to music and just stay inside!  Ahhhh Bliss

I am enjoying days like today, because in about 40 days I won't be able to totally and completely take an entire day and just relax, doing exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it!  In about 40 days I will be taking care of, playing with, and loving on a sweet little boy who is going to consume a lot (most) of my time and energy.  ME TIME will soon be a thing of the past....  So, I'm going to take full advantage of it now, while I still can!  Happy Wednesday and welcome Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment