Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday, 34 weeks 6 days

Yesterday, at 34 weeks and 5 days, I started feeling irregular cramping throughout the day.  After doing some research on the internet, I can only assume they were Braxton Hix contractions.  They weren't horribly painful, but they were definitely uncomfortable and could take my breath away.  Finally, around 7:00pm last night they just went away!  I have a doctor appointment Thursday (tomorrow) and will be sure to let the doctor know!  CRAZY!  Also, yesterday, a good friend of mine from dental hygiene school came over for a little bit!  It was her day off and she wanted to see Hudson's nursery and to hang out.  We ended up going to visit another girl from school who had a beautiful baby girl a couple months ago.  It was nice getting to see them both and catch up.  They were both giving me very helpful tips on what to expect with labor and delivery.  Thankfully, they both had pretty easy deliveries and had a lot of encouraging advice and information.  I just hope when it is my turn, that it goes as smoothly for me as it did for them!

Tonight is the first of two baby care classes Steve and I signed up for.  It is a 3 1/2 hour class about how to care for your new baby.  The topics include:  feeding, sleeping, dressing, bathing....  We are both pretty excited about it!  I think/hope that after tonight we will both feel a little more comfortable about how to care of baby Hudson once he arrives!  Neither one of us has much experience at all with newborn infants, so this will be a good thing!  As of now, we are officially ready for Hudson to get here.  Even though he is still cooking, his room is ready and I think we have everything we need to care for him.  I'm sure we will realize along the way that we missed something, but for now I'm pretty happy with how prepared we seem to be.  We have extra sheets, burp cloths, baby clothes, towels, baby changing and bathing supplies, blankets, and enough diapers to last until Christmas (haha but only if a) we have enough of each size, b) he is a normal size baby when he is born, c) he grows at an average pace, d) there are no brand issues ex. leaking or rashes) .  Either way, I'm not worried!  WE ARE READY and that is such a relief!

Today, my grandma is having an outpatient procedure done and tomorrow she is being admitted for surgery.  Please pray for both procedures to be successes and for a speedy recovery.  I was looking forward to seeing her this weekend at my cousin's baby shower, but it is doubtful she will be able to attend.  Hopefully I will still get the chance to visit her, even if it is just for a few moments.  When I was little, we would visit my grandparents and extended family at least once a month.  Now that Steve and I live about 6 hours away, we only get to see them once a year at Christmas, unless there is a wedding or baby shower.  It really is sad, but it makes the time that I do get to see my family that much more special.  That is another reason I LOVE Christmas/ the holidays so much.  Being pregnant around the same time as my cousin means that I have gotten/will get to see my family a few extra times this year, and that is WONDERFUL.  At Hudson's baby shower we were even able to get a family picture!  That NEVER happens because everyone is so busy and has so much going on!  Once I find it, Ill be sure to post the picture.

Anyway, the next few days are going to be busy busy busy!  Between baby classes, doctor's appointments, writing more thank you notes, church functions, baby showers, and visiting family and friends there won't be a lot of down time!  I am hoping that I can at least get started packing my hospital bags...  I have been meaning to do this for the past few weeks, but just haven't had the chance.  Where does the time go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment