Friday, September 9, 2011

34 weeks down, 6 weeks (42 more days) to go!!!!! THE STORY OF US

It really doesn't seem like that long ago that I looked down at that random pregnancy test and realized that my life would never be the same...  I was going to be a mommy, and we (Steve and I) were going to be parents.  Up until that point it had been just the two of us for a grand total of 7 years (including 3 we have been married). However, we had taken on the responsibility of pets (2 cats and our sweetheart of a dog Sadie), but nothing like the responsibility of raising a child.  After having this information for almost 9 months and it finally sinking in, I have come to the conclusion that we have no clue what we are doing when it comes to raising a child.  That is FINE!  No one does.  We have been asking other parents a lot of questions as well as receiving advice from people when we didn't ask for it!  Everyone has their own way of doing things and we just need to find what works best for us and our new family.  What works/worked for one person won't always work for another.  We also made the rookie mistake of thinking that everything that was out on the market for babies and children was a necessity, after all why would a company sell something that you absolutely did not need???  haha  Now we realize that you (Hudson) actually have very few NEEDS for the first year of your life.  But we still have all that extra fun, just in case, stuff for you anyway!  :) 

I wanted to take time to tell you about your daddy and me.  We are human.  We make mistakes.  We did have a life before you came along (but our lives are so much more full now that you are in the picture).  Your daddy (Steve) was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky.  He has two older brothers and had a twin brother who passed away at an early age.  His name was Michael.  That is how you got your middle name.  You dad is a hard working man and has been most of his life.  He held jobs through High School and College.  He worked hard and paid for his first car.  You dad is a car fanatic!  He loves them!  When we first started dating we were out and your daddy herd a car engine and before seeing the car he told me what make and model it was!  haha  HE WAS RIGHT!  Your dad also likes to run, both indoors and outside.  I know he played sports when he was younger, but I'm not exactly sure when or how old he was....  He has some close friends that he has had for years.  Your dad is a people person!  He loves being around people and chatting with anyone and everyone!  He was a Marketing/Management major in College.  You may not think so, but your dad was and still is a really fun person!  He enjoys being active and doing things!  Steve also LOVES football and Kentucky Basketball!  Hudson, you didn't have a chance.  You were born a baby wildcat!  Steve is also a genius when it comes to computers/ electronics.  He can figure just about anything out!  There is a lot more to your dad, but he will have to fill you in on the rest.  I have only been a part of his life for the past 7 years....

I (your mama) was born in Indianapolis, Indiana and was raised in Carmel, Indiana.  Between Indianapolis and Carmel I lived in Kansas City, Kansas and Normal, Illinois.  We moved a lot when I was a child due to (grandpa) my dad's job.  I ran track in Junior High School, played the piano, swam,  played soccer, and was in my High School's color guard.  I taught swim lessons at a private pool and also the YMCA for years.  I also worked as a cashier at a local grocery store and at Old Navy among other places....  I ended up going to college at the University of Kentucky (where your daddy and I met).  I was in a sorority there called AOII.  My mom was in that same sorority, just at a different school (IU).  After graduating from UK with a Family Studies degree I went back to school to get a degree in Dental Hygiene.  Shortly after that, we found out we were expecting you, and here we are! 

Your daddy and I met while we were both attending school at UK.  We tell people the first time we met was at Southland Christian Church during their Sunday night service, but really we met when my sorority was helping with fraternity rush.  I was out talking to random guys wanting to join fraternities (making name tags, giving out information, introducing them...) when Steve walked by.  He was NOT interested in joining a fraternity and to be honest did not make the best first impression.  He seemed a little arrogant.  WHATEVER!  So, I was rude right back and walked away assuming I would never see that guy again!  haha  Well, later in my freshmen year I became friends with some of Steve's friends and ran into him at a few "get togethers".  Still, there wasn't anything there.  I was still going on dates with other people as was he.  One night I was at church with one of my very best friends who I had met through my sorority.  and we were getting ready to leave when we ran into your daddy.  As it turns out they (My friend and Steve) had known each other for years.  She introduced me to him officially and he was nothing but charming....After that, we started going to church together, Steve would even pick me up and take me every now and then.  We started text messaging back and forth and chatting on the phone.  Finally, he asked me out on a date.  Our first date was at Carabba's Italian restaurant.  I remember instead of sitting across from me at the table your daddy pulled out the seat right next to me.  My heart skipped a beat.  We went on three dates before your dad could muster up the nerve to kiss me ( I know you wanted to hear that, but I thought it was sweet).  Steve took me to see Christmas lights one night for a date.  He brought hot chocolate and had Christmas Music Playing.  It didn't take long for me to fall head over heals in love with your daddy!  He even got me a gift for Christmas even though we had only been on a few dates.  It was so thoughtful!  He got me a beautiful scarf and lotion.  I felt horrible because I didn't even think to get him something because we hadn't been out many times... What a sweet man.  We had been dating about a month when I realized that I was just a freshmen and wasn't ready to settle down with my future husband (yes, I already knew he was the one).  I was totally freaked out and ended up breaking up with Steve... but only for a weekend.  After going home for a few days I realized that I was 100% positively in love with your daddy and wanted nothing more than to be with him.  So I made him a giant heart shaped cookie for Valentine's day and told him I was sorry and that I wanted to be with him.  He obviously forgave me and we have been together ever since!  We didn't tell each other that we loved each other until about 6 months into our relationship.  I believe it was over summer break so I was back home with my parents and Steve was still in Lexington.  He had come up to visit me for the weekend and on Saturday night we were out with my friends, getting ready to call it a night and drive back to my parent's house when I started crying.  I had missed him so much over the summer and didn't want him to leave.  He told me he loved me for the first time outside my car in a Steak n' Shake parking lot!  haha  It was perfect!  A few more years passed and Steve proposed.  He took me hiking at Natural Bridge and popped the question!  I secretly knew it was coming becasue the entire drive there and hike your daddy was acting very strange and nervous.  I cried, said YES and we were married 6 months later on January 3, 2009 in my hometown of Carmel, Indiana.



We have been married almost three years and have had so much fun together.  We have enjoyed taking trips, working on the house, planning for the future....  In just a few weeks we will be adding you to our already wonderful family, and couldn't be more happy and ready!  We are both looking forward to this new and exciting chapter in our lives.  It's going to be an adventure!  :)


Our first (dating) anniversary we went to New York City!  Here we are at Central Park



Sorority Formal


Going to look at Christmas Lights!


Myrtle Beach Vacation



First picture as an engaged woman!


Our engagement dinner!  It was at the same place we had our very first date!




Engagement Pictures


On our Honeymoon


Superbowl Party 2009


Isle of Palm, South Carolina


Pregnant with Hudson!

I know that was long, but I wanted you to know a little bit about your daddy and I and how we met.  I think it is important for you to know. 

All Because Two People Fell In Love

Hudson, we are 34 weeks pregnant today!  That means you could be here in as few as 2 weeks, but we are hoping for 4.  You are 17 3/4 inches long and weigh about 4 3/4  pounds!  You are the size of a cantaloupe.  The only things you are really doing now are getting your lungs more developed and packing on the pounds!  You are almost ready little man!  You are moving a lot but it is still more like adjusting and rolling rather than kicking.  I have been sleeping better so that is always good.  There haven't really been many changes this past week other than size. 

No comments:

Post a Comment