Sunday, June 19, 2011

What a weekend!

First off, let me start by saying Happy Father's Day!!!!   I may be bias, but I think I have THE best dad in the whole world! He made me breakfast every day while I was in school, he taught me how to throw and hit a ball, he came and supported me when I ran, swam, played tennis, and soccer, and he was/is my rock!  I am so lucky to have him as a father!  Hudson has no clue yet how lucky he is to have my dad as his grandfather!  Also, Happy Father's Day to my husband who in a few short months will be a daddy to the most perfect little boy on earth!  I know Steve will make a wonderful father and have such a good relationship with Hudson!  He is looking forward to playing with him and teaching him all sorts of things!

This past weekend Steve and I made the trip to my home town for two reasons!  First, on Saturday night was the Brad Paisley concert and I was going with my two best friends from high school.  Second, to celebrate Father's Day with my dad and Great Uncle!  I had no idea what was to unfold....

Steve's flight got in around 7:30pm Friday night.  He had been away on business all week!  I missed him very much and was so ready to be home!!!!  I had the car packed and the dog with me so when Steve emerged from the air port lobby we could take off.  We left directly from there to head to my hometown!  It was a long drive!  Steve and I both had crazy long weeks, so it made it even more difficult!  We arrived home around 11:30ish.  The next day, my mom, sister and I prepared a yummy meal to celebrate Father's Day!  My wonderful Great Uncle made a three hour drive in just to eat good food and spend time with us!  It was such a wonderful afternoon! We talked, ate, and talked some more!  I love seeing him when he visits!  It happens less and less as the years go by, but that just makes each time I see him more special! 

After my Uncle left to head home, my good friend Brooke came to pick me up for the BRAD PAISLEY concert!!!!!  Once at the music center, we met up with our other counterpart Alana and some of her friends!  She made me the cutest shirt to wear at the concert!  On the front it said "The Farmer's Wife" and on the back it said "  And Baby Too"!!!  I had so many people touching my pregnant belly it was nuts!  I also had a lot of drunk people come up to me and say "congratulations" and I even got a few " Your Pregnant" statements!  haha  It is now completely obvious to the whole world that yes, I am in fact pregnant!

Luckily the weather was not nearly as bad as the news reporters said it would be.  It sprinkled a little, but nothing horrible!  We had lawn seats and had a pretty good place to listen and dance along with the music.  There were a bunch of headliner bands ahead of the main act!  Blake Shelton was on right before Brad.  It was his birthday and his wife Miranda Lambert made a surprise appearance, and even sang a few songs with him!  It was awesome! 

Before Brad came on, my friends and I decided to take a quick trip to the bathroom.  While there, I noticed a little bit of blood you know where.  I had also been experiencing some cramping, tightness, and pressure in my lower abdomen throughout the evening.  So, needless to say I freaked out a little.  I immediately informed my wonderful friends that I would need to leave and go to the ER due to the cramping and blood.  Steve and my dad came to get me and my mom and sister met me at the hospital around 10:00pm.  I called my OBGYN and she said that it was a good idea to go get checked out as well.  While driving to the ER all I could do was pray and speculate what I could have done to have caused this.  Maybe it was all the standing, maybe the dancing shook him loose, maybe Hudson didn't like the loud music....  Once again, all I could think was the worst, while hoping for the best.

At the hospital they did some tests and hooked me up to two different monitors.  One monitor was to measure the baby's heart beat.  The other was to measure uterine activity.  Immediately after being strapped to the machine, Hudson's little heartbeat rang loud and clear!  I was so relieved!   He not only had a great heartbeat, but he was moving around like crazy!  MY BABY WAS DOING OK!  His heart rate was in the 140's and must have LOVED the country music!

The nurse at the hospital was wonderful!  She was so friendly and nice.  I wish I could say the same thing for the doctor who examined me.  I have never had a male doctor, and had always been terrified and repulsed by the thought, but not this time.  This time, all I wanted to know was that Hudson was okay and in no danger.  Anyway, he was rude to me and my family.  He made inappropriate comments and was just so cold.  I am so thankful that the doctor that will be delivering Hudson is not only a better doctor but a better person!  I feel so sorry for any pregnant woman or not who has the misfortune of coming in contact with that JERK. 

To make a four hour story short, after the exam, tests, and monitoring, it was determined that I was having mild contractions that were probably the cause of the blood I had seen earlier.  The nurse assured me that at this point the contractions had not caused any serious problems!  YEA  She also informed me that I was dehydrated and had been standing for too long!  Apparently these coupled with some other things were the cause of the contractions I was experiencing.  I was told to take it easy for the next few days and that I needed to make a followup appointment with my regular doctor.  Luckily I have an appointment already scheduled for Wednesday!

Saturday definitely didn't go the way I thought it would.  I feel horrible that I made my husband and family worry for no reason and stay up at the hospital with/for me until 2:00am.  On the other hand, I thought there was something wrong with my baby and nothing could have kept me from finding out what was going on.  I would have worried until Wednesday that Hudson was hurt or worse and I never would have been able to live with myself if something was seriously wrong and I didn't go get it checked out.  I am so thankful for having such a wonderful family.  Words can't even begin to describe how I feel.  Thank God for my family and Thank God Hudson is alright and doing GREAT! 

Sunday was a lot more laid back!  We got up a little late due to the events that took place the night before. My parents, Jessica, Steve, and I all made a wonderful breakfast of hash brown casserole, pancakes, sausage, and eggs!  It was AWESOME!  My dad got to open his Father's Day gift and we spent the next few hours talking, laughing, and spending time with one another. 

Now, I'm back home wondering where this weekend went!  Surely it can't be time to start a whole new week?!?!  I'm not ready to go back to work.  Ugh!  I am looking forward to next weekend though, because my parents will be making the drive to come visit Steve and I!  They will be painting Hudson's nursery for us!  After next weekend, his room will be pretty much done (minus some pictures)!  It's hard to believe that in about 3 months we will have a new member of our family!  I am so excited!!!!!  There is no doubt in my mind that this little boy will be the most loved child ever! 

I pray that this is good week!  I pray Hudson continues to grow and develop.  I pray that my family and friends are safe this week.  I pray for Steve to have a low stress first week back at his office.  I pray that I have a stress free week without any physical pain from my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment