Sunday, June 12, 2011

Playing Catch Up

The past few weeks has been CRAZY!  We have been so busy, so much has happened!  I don't even know where to begin.  To be honest, I will probably forget half of it and remember the rest in a week or two!

So far, being 21 weeks pregnant has been GREAT!  I'm feeling more movement in my belly, but no full fledged kicks yet.  Steve keeps putting his hand on my stomach in hopes of feeling Hudson move, but so far he has had no luck!  I don't think it will be much longer though!

On Wednesday, we FINALLY got our furniture!  It has been a long time coming!  For the first 2+ years of our marriage we had 15 year old mix-matched hand me down furniture in our basement!  When we got pregnant I put my foot down, and said we needed to do something about it!  I didn't want our baby going anywhere near the old stuff!   Steve was more than fine with getting new furniture down there, because that meant he would finally have his "man cave".  Well, about three months ago we got rid of the old stuff, cleaned and were ready the day we were supposed to get our furniture! The delivery people came and told us that the backs would not come off the furniture we purchased and they couldn't get it down the stairs into our basement!!!!!  This came to a huge shock to us, because when we purchased the couches we were told that the backs would come off and it would fit just fine!!!!  So, our clean empty basement sat with nothing in it.  In order to find furniture that we liked and would fit down our stairs, Steve had to drive all the way to Ashland!  We were PROMISED this time that this furniture would work!  Well delivery day came Wednesday and the delivery people showed up AGAIN and said that the new furniture would not fit either!  Let me tell you, this did not settle well with me!  I made some phone calls, lost my cool, cried and waited to hear back from the store manager about what they were going to do about this problem!  Being preggers, disappointed, hormonal, and angry is not a good combination!  I truly feel sorry for anyone who had to deal with me that day!  Well to make a long long loooonnnnggg story short, this was a new line of furniture and the delivery people were unfamiliar with how it worked.  So, they came back later that evening with a furniture tech and got it to the basement successfully!  I was glad to have furniture and Steve was excited to have the beginnings of his "man cave".  Did I mention, he picked out the furniture?!?!  YEA! 


Look how happy he is with his new sofa with cup holders!  haha


This past weekend Steve and I headed to Louisville, KY to celebrate Steve's success and hard work over the past year.  He isn't the type of person who would brag on himself, so I'm going to do it!!!!  WHY?  BECAUSE I am so proud of my husband!  He has been working so hard to provide for our family, and he always does it with a smile on his face!  I am so lucky to have him!  Anyway, we arrived Thursday evening and dropped off all of our stuff at the Seelbach Hotel!  It is a beautiful old hotel downtown!


Then we headed to Jeff Ruby's for dinner with Steve's boss and co-workers.  It was such a nice evening!  The food was excellent!  Steve is so lucky he works with such nice and fun people!  While we were there we even met the CEO of the company he works for!  It may not seem like a big deal to most people, but Steve was so excited!  hehe


The next day while Steve was at work, I got together with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time!  We went to Toast for Breakfast/Lunch.  If you have never been there and are ever in Louisville, I would recommend it!  After that I headed to the mall where I found some super cute baby clothes! 


I think the little frog hat is so cute!  Hudson is going to hate me!  hehe

Speaking of baby!  The rest of Hudson's furniture and bedding came in on Saturday!  It is so cute!  I can't wait to have his room completely finished and for him to be here!!



This is a picture of the bedding quickly put on to see what it looked like!  I still have to wash it!

I start my new job tomorrow!  This will be my very first Dental Hygiene position!  I am so excited and nervous at the same time!  Over the next few months I will be covering for another woman who is on maternity leave!  It works out perfectly because when she comes back from maternity leave it will be about that time (Hudson's due date).  I feel like the luckiest person in the whole world to have found a job that was just so perfect for me!  WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment