Wednesday, June 22, 2011

22 weeks 6 days Doctor's Appointment

Today was ANOTHER doctor's appointment day!  After the events that took place this past weekend, my doctor thought it best to have an ultrasound done to make sure everything was ok.  She wanted my cervix measured to see if the contractions I had been having were causing any problems.  After having the exam done, it was determined that my cervix is measuring short.  Apparently it is supposed to be between 2.5 and 3 inches long and mine is right at 2.5.  So, my doctor has told me to take it easy eliminating all unnecessary standing, exercising, lifting....  I am not on bed rest at this point, but I have to go back in two weeks to repeat the exam.  If I am not measuring any better my doctor said we will have to take a more proactive approach because a short cervix can cause preterm labor. Ahhhhh

After getting that news, I feel so worried!!!  My little man just needs to stay put for now!  He's not done cooking! 

In other news I have gained 6 lbs since last month and a grand total of 15lbs!!!!  I still don't know what I started at and what I weigh now, but I do know I'm doing good so far!  Also, Hudson's heart rate is 138!  He is a little mover and shaker!  It just makes me so happy!  I am so thankful that Hudson is a healthy little guy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment