Friday, June 3, 2011

20 weeks! Half Baked!

Woooo Hudson!  You are 20 weeks today, which means..... that we are half way done with this pregnancy!  It is bitter sweet!  On one hand, I am so exited that in 20 weeks (give or take a few, preferably less) I will be holding you in my arms. On the other hand, I love having you with me all the time, where I can keep you safe and protect you.  I like that for the time being, you are all mine!!!!  No one else can feel you, carry you....You are like my little secret that I keep with me all the time!  I might be selfish, but I don't care!  I like that I can keep other people from breathing on you, touching you, holding you.... I don't know what I'm going to do once you are out?!?!  Keeping you safe and protected is going to become a much more difficult job!  I may have to turn into what Steve calls a "Mamma Bear"!  haha Even now, your daddy says I can get very protective of you and anything that has to do with you (your clothes, furniture, doctors, how we are going to handle cretin situations/decisions about your care...).  I don't see this getting better any time soon!  :)  Sorry Hudson, you are just gong to have to live with a very protective mamma for the first few years of your life! Don't worry, we will figure everything out just fine, you, your daddy and I.  We make a pretty great team!

It is crazy how once you become pregnant or have a child of your own, how much more you appreciate your own mom and dad!  It is hard to picture them being scared soon to be parents, unsure about what to do, but they were.  It sounds obvious, but I guess I had never really thought about it. 

This pregnancy has gone so fast!  It really doesn't feel like we could be at the half way point already!!!!!

Today, you are about 6 1/2 inches long and about 10 1/2 ounces, the size of a banana!

Most of your organs are already functioning, so from here on out, you are just packing on the pounds and perfecting the skills (sucking, swallowing, kicking, moving...) you learned over the past few weeks!  

About 20 more weeks, and my little bun in the oven will be done!!!!!!!!

We love you so much Hudson!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment