Friday, June 24, 2011

Well Hello 23 Weeks!

Hudson,

You are a big mover these days and I LOVE it!  You move all the time, but especially in the evenings.  I have herd that you have a sleep schedule now.  From about 5-10 must be your awake time!  haha  Today I was sitting on the couch and you started kicking like crazy.  So, I lifted my shirt up just above my belly and for the first time I could see your movements!  IT WAS AMAZING!  I yelled for your daddy, but as soon as he got close, you stopped!  I think you are just trying to keep your kicks our little secret for now!  Pretty soon though, you need to let your daddy feel you kick.  He has been waiting so patiently...



You are now almost a foot long and weigh a little over a pound!  I can't even believe it!  Some websites compare you to a mango and others an ear of corn!  It's hard to believe you are so big already!  It feels like just yesterday I was talking to my mom (your grandma) about you being 3 inches long and getting rid of your tail (starting took look human).  It is truly amazing!  Your sense of movement is also pretty well developed.  According to all the baby websites and books, when I move around you can feel it.  Last night I sat in your room and rocked you in your glider for about 30 minutes.  You really seemed to like the rocking motion.  Hope you like it when you are out too.



This past week I have found sleep to be difficult to get.  Between the increasingly more frequent potty breaks, leg cramps, and sore arms, hips and shoulders... it is impossible to get a full night sleep.  I still haven't noticed any stretchmarks, but the belly is getting pretty big!  My belly button is getting closer and closer to popping.  Ahhhhhh  I have gained a total of 15 pounds since the beginning of this pregnancy and am on track to gain a grand total of about 30!  It sounds like a lot to me, but my doctor seems to think that it's pretty good.  My blood pressure seems to be good so far too.  I still haven't herd anything about the glucose test.  According to other moms  that should be coming up soon....  We will see!  

This weekend, your Grandma and Grandpa Smith are coming to paint your nursery.  They offered to purchase the paint and do the work soon after we found out about you!  Its hard to believe the day is already here.  We are still not 100% sure on a paint color, but between your grandparents, aunt, your daddy and I, I'm sure we will make a decision that works!  Your Grandparents are also going to help me hang your curtains and wash some of your baby clothes and bedding.  Your room is almost done!!! 

I recently found out that there will be a total of three baby showers held in your honor!!!  We will be having a family shower for your daddy's side of the family, a friend shower, and a shower back where I am from with family and friends from my hometown!!!!  What a lucky little baby you are!  I'm so excited and can't wait to celebrate you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment