Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This week in a nutshell

Baby Hudson is still doing well as far as I can tell.  He is moving around, but I feel him mostly at night.  All I want is one really good hard kick once a day to assure me he is A-O-K.  I hope they get stronger and more frequent as this week progresses.  I have also noticed that I am not sleeping through the night....  I wake up every hour or so uncomfortable and have to change sleeping positions.  It's weird.  I thought pregnant = stomach pain, but in the middle of the night its my legs and or feet that will cramp and cause me to jump out of bed.  Also, always sleeping on my side causes my shoulders to hurt.  Booooo  On the plus side, people are noticing the baby bump!!!  It is always a proud day when people notice your little baby belly and tell you how cute you are!  :)

This past Monday I started my first job as a Dental Hygienist.  It went OK.  Starting a new job is always scary and difficult, so I had done my best to be ready.  What I wasn't prepared for was the physical pain I was in by the end of the day!  I worked from 9-5 and by about 3 had to fight back tears!  My back has been hurting anyway because of pregnancy, but after hours of sitting hunched over in a chair peering into someones mouth for 8 hours I thought I was going to die!!!!  My hands were cramping, and my fingers were getting stiff!  I felt so defeated!!!  That evening I cried to myself and wondered if I picked the wrong profession, if this would be something I would need to wait until after Hudson was born to start....  Don't get me wrong, EVERYONE I work with is WONDERFUL!!!!!  They are all so kind and helpful!  It was just the agonizing pain and exhaustion that was causing this breakdown!  Thankfully each day has gotten better and better!  I am more comfortable with how things work at the office and my back is hurting less each day.  So yea!!! VICTORY!  Did I mention that I work with the nicest people ever?  I really am so lucky.  And YES, I did pick the right profession!  The best part about what I do is getting to help my patients! O and on my way into work today I saw a cow loose in our neighborhood!!!  haha  MADE MY DAY!


It is that time of year again!  VET time!  So today, I had to take Milo and Otis into the vet for their annual checkup.  It is always so difficult! Cats are not easy animals to control.  I started trying to put them in their carriers at about 2:00 and by 2:30 could only manage to get Otis in.  Milo was refusing!!!  So, with one cat in a carrier and one in my arms I packed up the car and off we went!  Neither one of the cats like car rides, so I got to hear the most horrible cat cries the entire ride!   Because Milo was not in his carrier he was roaming all over shedding fur everywhere! 


By the time we got to the vet's office I was covered in cat hair!  It was disgusting!  They both had to get shots which they were NOT happy about.  After their checkup, the vet had to try and get both cats in my one carrier.  It took about 15 minutes and 5 attempts, but he finally did it!  I was sure one of my sweet cats was going to bite his hand off, but it went much better than I had anticipated.  O the joys of owning pets.  In a few weeks it's Sadie's turn.  Luckily she LOVES car rides and is much more easy going. 






Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment