Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Well, poop!

Why is it that when we become parents, no topic is off limits?!?!  For example, poop!  Poop went from being something you (I) never talked about.  Then, BAM you have a baby and its all we (I) talk about!  For a new parent poop determines the health of our little bundles of joy and we (I) will talk about it with anyone pretending to care.  It also is something we must deal with on a daily basis.  It's funny though how the only poop that doesn't bother you comes from your own children!  Changing diapers is just disgusting, unless I am changing Hudson's diapers, then its all butterflies and rainbows.  haha

Now, I have a story for you!  Can you guess what it's about?!?!  haha  Hudson rarely and I mean rarely has any issues with diapers and accidents (or blow-outs as Steve calls them).  Every once in a while, there will be a "leak", but like I said, rare!  Well, tonight Steve took Hudson back to his room to change his diaper.  Not a minute later I hear "Lauren, come quick!  We have a situation"!  My heart started racing.  I was thinking of everything that could possibly be wrong:  his poop is a funny color, he fell, he's sick....  It never crossed my mind that the "situation" was a massive explosion of poop that not only leaked out of Hudson's diaper but made it's way all the way up his back and into his hair!  When I got the nursery I found Steve looking shocked and bewildered, not sure what to do.  All I could do was laugh!  I have NEVER seen such a thing!  It was truly amazing (in a funny and slightly gross way).  After we both assessed the "situation" trying to figure out the best plan of action for clean up, Steve says "OK you hold him and Ill just wipe him down.  Then we'll be good to go".  I look at him in disbelief.  "Really?!?! I don't think so!"  haha  MEN! 

Long story short,  Hudson got a bath and was scrubbed from head to toe!  Now he's clean and in new PJ's.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment