Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby Weight

People lie!  Plain and simple!  So many people told me that after having a baby, the weight would just "fall off".  Well, my sweet little pumpkin is 3 1/3 months old and I have yet to see the number on my scale fall.  I may have indulged a bit too much while I was pregnant.  Apparently you can, but you really shouldn't, eat whatever you want when you are expecting...  hummm (oups, my bad).  But now, all this time has passed and I am heavier than I have ever been in my entire life!  And not just by a few pesky pounds, but buy what seems to be a metric ton!  What I wouldn't give to be able to wear my prepregnancy clothes (or even my fat clothes).  I refuse to continue wearing maternity clothes, but have very few things that actually fit.  I really don't want to be this way for long, and don't want to spend money on new clothes.  Ugh  I am sick of all this baby weight that is hanging around. 

I get so depressed when I see pregnant women who are in their third trimester and they barely look pregnant.  OR I see a woman my age who just had a baby and you can't tell because she is so thin!  How unfair!  I want to blame it on genetics, but unfortunately that would be lying to myself.  My mom was able to shed the baby weight and was really thin after she had my sister and I.  So, it must be me.  I must not be doing enough to drop the weight. 

In collage, when I was at my lowest weight, I walked a mile to the gym EVERY SINGLE MORNING AT 5:00am.  Rain or shine, snow or heatwave (I was even featured in the newspaper as the crazy girl walking to the gym during a huge snow storm when classes were canceled).  While there I did 1 hour of cardio (usually running on a treadmill) and 1 hour of weight lifting.  After getting into a routine, I couldn't live without it.  I was sick less (fewer colds) I felt great, slept better....  My good friend Christie even started going with me and for two years I had a reliable workout buddy.  It made being at the gym every morning fun.  I miss that.

A lot has changed since collage.  I am married and have a baby.  I also have a workout room in our basement that has an elliptical and treadmill (no excuses).  It is convenient and I should be exercising all the time.  Why is it so hard for me to get down there and exercise for 30-90minutes EVERY DAY? 

Well, no more excuses!  If I can't consistently find time during the day to work out, I am going to have to rearrange my life so that I make time.  Starting tomorrow (I did just finish up jogging and walking on the treadmill) I will wake up at 5:00am to exercise.  Hudson will usually sleep until 7:00am so that gives me plenty of time to workout and shower before he even wakes up!  GENIUS! 

OK, that's my plan so far.  Any and all advice/suggestions/support would be greatly appreciated! 

THE PLAN
  • Work out for at least 1 hour a day/ 5 days a week
  • Eat 5-6 small HEALTHY meals a day with one off day
  • Drink only water except on weekends when I can have coffee
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • eat more vegetables
THE MOTIVATION
  • I want to fit into my clothes again
  • Our beach vacation this year
  • General health   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment