Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Food For Thought


 Look how big Hudson has gotten!  He is growing up so fast...too fast!

I was looking forward to starting a new womens bible study this morning.  I planned ahead and had everything ready to go so that when I woke up, I wouldn't be scrambling to get ready.  However, last night was a sleepless one.  Between Hudson being restless and waking up at 4:00am and me not being able to sleep, I came to the decision that we would have to skip this first week to catch up on rest.  Hudson (and God) had other plans.  At a little after 8:00am Hudson woke up and was determined not to get any more sleep.  I felt like I NEEDED to be at church this morning so I rushed around, got Hudson fed, changed, ready to go and off we went!


 This is what I woke up to today!  Yes, we were in a hurry, but he was just so cute and happy I had to stop and take some pictures!

We arrived right at 9:00am (if you are a mom, you can understand how impressed I was that we got ready in only an hour).  I took Hudson to the nursery.  This was the first time he had EVER been watched by anyone other than Steve or myself.  As I got closer to the door where I was supposed to drop my love bug off my heart started racing.  I almost did an about face and ran!  It was a good thing I didn't!  The ladies working were so sweet!  As soon as they saw I had a baby they melted.  I all but sat his carrier down and they had him unbuckled and were cuddling him and rocking him in their arms!  I was immediately at peace!  I knew my baby would be well cared for over the next two hours!

Once I got to the classroom where bible study would be held, I got my book and was warmly welcomed by many women!  This class was not just made up of twenty something women, there were women of all ages (I love that).  We went over what this study would be abut and then shared prayer requests.  I wont give details of this but it was impressive how knowledgeable and faithful these women were!  All I could do was listen and take it all in.  I know that I will learn a  lot from these women.  At one point I felt that God wanted me to be right there at that moment.

One women shared a touching and powerful story about her job as bereavement counselor in the labor and delivery unit of a local hospital.  She shared an account of two christian parents who were going to go ahead and carry a baby to term and deliver her even though she would not survive more than a few hours.  There was much more to the story but what I got from it was that:  a) God has his hands in every situation and is watching over us even when we feel alone.  b) Children are not a right, but a privileged and truly gift from God. I should never have complained (jokingly or not) while pregnant about backaches or lack of sleep.  How selfish was I?!?  Hudson is a miracle and I will never take it for granted again!  Bring on more sleepless nights and crying babies!!!  I will take it gladly and with open arms because I do not deserve the blessings God has already given me.  c) You should not take family, loved ones, or life for granted.  It (life) is so delicate and fragile.  d) when obstacles and problems stand in our way, give your burdens/problems/fears to God.  We were not meant to be burden bearing creatures.  I was brought to tears and wanted nothing more than to run to the nursery, pick up Hudson, then go find Steve at work and hug them both in the biggest bear hug imaginable.  I am so thankful for my family and friends and need to do a better job showing my loved ones how much they mean to me.   

This bible study is going to be good for me and I am really excited to be a part of it!  After it was over, I went to get Hudson.  When I got to the room I found both of the caregivers sitting on the floor around Hudson who was laying on a blanket.  They had fed him, changed him, and loved on him the whole time.  I was so relieved and what anxiety I was hanging on to had vanished!  Hudson had done great and was grinning and laughing when I walked in!  His first time away from us (his parents) was a success! 

Yep, I feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life.  I am a wife to good man who provides for our family so that we have shelter and always have more than enough food on the table.  I am a mother to the most loving baby boy.  I am a daughter, sister, friend, and most importantly, a child of God.  He is guiding me every day, and every day I am learning more about who He wants me to become.






The loves of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Coming from a new mom as well, your words are so touching and well written. You really helped me re-evaluate all of my struggles and "complaints" about motherhood. It's a gift!

    ReplyDelete